Chapter 24

Late during the night, Haisley started to toss and turn her sleep

Late during the night, Haisley started to toss and turn her sleep. Eventually, she opened her eyes and looked around. Bear had past out, leaning against the headboard with a medium-sized book on his lap. The pencil he was using was still in his hand and his head tilted down with his eyes closed.

Haisley may be upset with him but she would always take care of him. She gently took the book and pencil from him, laying it on her nightstand before trying to get him to move down so he would be comfortable.

She had to shake him a little so he conscious to move himself. He was too heavy for her to move so she knew it would be impossible for her to move him.

It had taken her about 10 minutes to actually get him moved down and covered up. At that point, she was wide awake so she decided to go and check on Balake. She opened the door to Balakes room but something felt off.

Haisley walked over to the crib to see Balake asleep. She reached down and touched his forehead. He was burning up and starting to whine in his sleep. She pulled the blanket off of his legs then went to turn the fan on.

Balake started to become fussier and pulling on his ear. She eventually lifted him out of the crib and walked over to the rocking chair. Sitting him up calmed his crying a little but he still remained fussy.

"Shhh" she tries to calm him by rocking slowly and rubbing his back while he laid his head in the crook of her neck. He gripped the top of her shirt with his little hand.