Chapter 11

A few hours of drinking and the boys had finally gotten up, returning to their posts

A few hours of drinking and the boys had finally gotten up, returning to their posts. Knuckles was of course back in the kitchen trying to make a list of things they had that she could eat.

Bear had fallen asleep while doing papers and in the meantime, Haisley had woken up. When she saw him at first, she was a little startled. She wasn't expecting him to be there.

When Haisley started to admire his sleeping form, she realized he had fallen asleep with his glasses on. Standing up carefully, she had to take a second to beat when a wave of nausea hit her hard.

Once she had her stomach settled enough she walked over to him, doing her best not to be loud. When close enough she reached out hesitantly, towards his beautiful face and slowly pulled his glasses off.

If he would have moved his head the right way his glasses surely would have fallen off and cracked. By the look of them, it seemed as though he fell asleep in them quite often.

Haisley figured the least she could do was save his already battered glasses from shattering completely. When he didn't wake she grabbed the blanket off the end of the couch and laid it over his massive form.

Bear acted all bad and tough but he always came running to save her. Haisley found herself leaning over and placing a chaste kiss against his cheek.

Haisley wants to be used to people trying to help so having someone there every time made her feel...safe. She hadn't felt that way in a very long time. This kiss on his cheek was her way of thanking him, even though he was awake to actually receive it.

She realized that she was still in the clothes she had gotten sick in. Smelling of vomit was definitely not on her top things to smell like.

Moving away from the couch and towards his closet. He wasn't awake to get her anything to wear so she took it upon herself. After grabbing clothes that didn't seem too new or important she made her way over to his bathroom.

Haisley looked through the supplies Doc had left for her. She found some wrap that would keep her stitches from getting wet. The birdbath had been suitable for the time being but she truly needed a good wash. She grabbed a towel and washcloth from his cabinet and hung them up next to the shower.

Haisley stripped from her clothes and started to wrap her arm and waist. She had flinched a few times when she had pulled too hard on the wrap. It had taken her a few minutes before she was actually able to start the shower.

As the water was warming up she walked back to the bathroom door and locked it. Having him walk in on her completely would be so embarrassing. She hated her body, so she figured if she hated it then everyone else did. If only she knew that men stopped dead in their tracks when she walked by.

Stepping in the shower her muscle relaxed almost instantly. The water raining down on her was just so calming to her. It had been a long time since she had a nice shower. Living in a run-down apartment building didn't really consist of nice appliances.

Her place was not somewhere a person should be living. She was surprised the places hadn't been condemned but if it had been she would have no place to live.

The rent was decent for the hell hole of an apartment. Being a waitress full time and having run-ins with Boyd and on top of that having to care for someone else other than herself.

Haisley knew she had only been there a day or so. She wasn't too worried about having the other person she took care of staying at Addy's parent's house. They always offered to help especially when nights like that happen.

She slowly cleaned herself as her brain ran hundreds of thoughts through her. Haisley knew she needed to call Addy's parents soon. She did hate having to ask for help but she didn't have any other choice for that situation.

Rising the bubbles off of her body before turning the water off and exiting the shower. She grabbed the towel and wrapped it around herself as she walked to the mirror. When looking in the mirror all she saw was a failure and a burden. She still had no idea why these men were helping her but she didn't really have a choice. Bear took his brother's truck so she had no ride. She didn't know where in the hell she was so running was a no go along with the pain she was in. She wouldn't last 5 miles down the road.

Quickly drying off and pulling the clothes on. She needed a brush for her tangled hair so she looked for a brush that looked like it hadn't been used. Haisley stood in front of the mirror slowly brushing out her light curls while thinking about what she was going to do next. Her rent was so soon. She needed to buy food and everything else for the person she was caring for. It was totally a mess. A mess she didn't want Bear or any other those boys to get involved with. Boyd and everything else were hers to deal with. She wants willing to let them get hurt just to save her own ass.