Chapter 22

The next month, it had been a little rough

The next month, it had been a little rough. Balake was still trying to settle into the new place. He had been staying in the same room as Bear and Haisley. Not only getting him settled in but trying to keep her weight up. The cuts had healed quite well, still had a little scarring but nothing Time could t help fade a little.

Bear wouldn't let her into the room next to theirs. It was so said to be a surprise for them. Finally, today would be the day they could see what the big secret was.

She noticed a week after they had gotten settled in that huge packages had been arriving at the compound. Before she could even get close to the boxes one of the brothers would stop her and move it out of sight. She figured it was just bike parts so she let it go.

Haisley and Balake were in the kitchen fixing him some food. While Bear and a few of his brothers had to take care of some business downtown.

She held Balake on her side so his bottom was resting on her hip. She had fixed him some oatmeal with little pieces of fruit. He was much better at holding the spoon on his own which made Haisley a little sad, though he still would reach with his fingers to grab the food. It made a complete mess.

Her little Bubba was growing up so fast. He would be 1 in 2 months. He still had a lot of growing to do. Soon it would be potty training and trying pull-ups. Then moving away from the bottle and eating solid foods.