Chapter 19 (Mixed POV)

Erwin's POV

Once the Ferris wheel lap was over me and Levi got off, we both stayed silent as we walked over to the group. Levi was hesitant before speaking "I-..... I'll see you tomorrow then..." I nodded and watched him leave without another word. I bit my lip while watching him leave as I felt tears swell up in my eyes. Why does it hurt so much? Is it because I didn't expect to be rejected by him.... What was I thinking I was building up so much hope for this moment thinking that he might reciprocate my feelings but instead it was just all hope.... lost hope now..

"Heyyyyy lover boy~ how'd it goooo~" It was Hange, I didn't face her, I just looked at the direction where Levi had walked away . "look guys hes daydreaming about his boyfriend~" Mike said.

Hange's POV

We all chuckled before Nanaba tugged at my sleeve. I looked at her seeing as she was pointing at Erwin, he was shaking a bit. My eyes widened as Mike and Moblit were still smiling. "I hate all of you..." I heard coming from Erwin. We paused and just stood there as he turned around with a few tears streaming down his face "Erwin-" Mike started but was cut off. "because of that now Levi hates me.... I wish I never agreed to come here...... god I'm so fucking stupid.." He hiccuped. Moblit slowly walked over to him about to place a hand on his shoulder. Erwin slapped his hand away, Erwin's never acted like this before.... this must've hurt him a lot.... "Don't fucking touch me! don't call or text me either! just.......fuck off!" He yelled at us as he turned walking away.

We all stood there in shock as the carnival music was blaring in our ears, we stared at Erwin leaving as we stayed quiet, I looked down ashamed, I was only trying to help.... we all were... we shouldn't have tried to help. Who knew it would've made everything worse for him...... Mike begun speaking to break the silence "he's acted like this before.......only once have I seen him act out like this and it was to fight three guys hurting Levi....... He cares a lot for Levi so..this must've hurt him a lot..." I frowned "I thought that this was full proof....does Levi not like Erwin like that..." I mumbled feeling horrible for Erwin.

Erwin's POV

I made it home to hearing my mother on the phone with her friends. I stayed quiet trying to pass by her only to hear "I know right! crazy! he wants to go ahead and tell me about how he knows that Ackerman kid is different! absolutely insane! My son is being influenced by him. I swear if I find out my son starts doing some stupid shit I'll make sure he never leaves the house" I frowned thinking to myself. ' don't worry mom, I won't be hanging out with him anymore...' I thought as tears appeared in my eyes. How could I hang out with him? It didn't make sense to just go up to him as if nothing happened.....

I laid in bed starring at the ceiling with dull eyes, I just kept thinking of what had happened on the Ferris wheel. It was stupid of me to just go in for a kiss without thinking, I thought he would've got it.... what am I kidding he's to broke to watch movies. I thought angered at myself and at Levi, why was I mad at Levi? Is it because I looked like an idiot since he ended up rejecting me? shit, I'm so pathetic!

I reran the whole day in my head til I thought of him leaving the carnival. He didn't have a ride so I assumed he took the bus. I sighed as I stood up and walked to the window looking outside before I remembered something..... The buses where we both live aren't 24 hours, they close around 10 pm and we left around 11 pm.... I wonder how he's getting home....not like I care, honestly if he gets into trouble it'll be on him.....

Levi's POV

I was walking home by myself, I underestimated the walk home being so far away. I couldn't go home in Erwin's car.....I was a fucking idiot and backed away. That was my only chance to show how I really feel and now I look like a fucking idiot! I didn't know how to react.... he looked so embarrassed and sad...I never wanted to see him like that.. fuck I'm a moron.

I was lost in my thoughts as I continued to think about the whole incident while walking home. I turned to a corner taking a short cut to my house. I sighed with my hands in my pockets and noticed a box in there. I took out the box noticing it was a cigarette box, I remember I smelled of cigarette's one day and Erwin seemed to notice.He ended up dragging me out of the habit, he seemed to be very annoyed of the topic of smoking. I took one out breaking my promise to Erwin to stop smoking and I took out I lighter and lit up the cigarette then placing it in between my lips. I inhaled the smoke and nicotine as I felt the content go through my lungs, the warm air was undeniably satisfying to me. I took out the cigarette dropping my hand to my side as I stared at the night sky blowing out the smoke.

Stars..... I saw I sky full of stars. They weren't as beautiful as the stars in the field where Erwin had took me the other day.... That day meant everything to me to be quite honest. I took another inhale of the cigarette only to choke a bit and cough when hearing my name " hey, kid. You Levi Ackerman?" I looked to my side to see one man , More big ass trees..... "who are you?" I asked as they smirked. " You bastard" one said flicking his cowboy hat up and out of his covered face. My eyes widened "Kenny.." I said getting angered. What did that bitch son of a bitch want. He walked closer as I tensed up a bit reaching for the knife in my pocket. I heard a click as I felt my heart drop. He wouldn't...... He pulled out a gun pointing it towards me. My eyes widened as I fell back when the gun shot. Thankfully I moved out the way but the gunshot popped my eardrums. I heard a bit of ringing before I stood up fast.

"your dead kid" He said smirking. He tried to shoot me again but I grabbed a trash can right next to me and kicked it at him. He grew angry and jumped over it to shoot me again. I dodged the bullet but barely. I had a scar on my cheek bleeding out since the bullet barely skimmed my cheek. I took out the pocket knife opening it and throwing it at him to only hear a yelp. It pierced his shoulder. Perfect! I ran away out of the corner " FUCKING RODENT! I'LL KILL YOU!" he yelled shooting towards me only to pierce my arm. I yelled in pain grabbing my arm as I looked around and jumped over a wall as Kenny was running after me. Shit hes close! I kept on running as my heart beat intensely. I didn't have any weapons on me and I had an injured arm.

Kenny had a gun with almost perfect aiming. Thankfully it was night time so he couldn't see as well.  I quickly ran behind a tree gripping my bleeding arm. He Shot the branch next to me making it fall. My eyes widened as I got up running away through the small forest. I kept hearing his foot steps behind me as I made it to a open park area. I ran out of the woods and " KABOOM!" Kenny yelled as a bullet pierced through my chest. My eyes widened as I fell to the ground. I slammed to the floor curling up in pain gripping my shirt. I heard a small chuckle "goodnight you bastard"  he said before walking off.

Blood was pouring out of my chest as now I was laying in a puddle. I was in so much pain. My vision started to go dark as I felt myself being engulfed in warmth.

"Is this..... how I die?..." I coughed