happier now

"So tell me Aiko what were you like before being married," Kagami asked as he and his daughter in law shared a cup of coffee as the sun slowly began to rise.

"I can say that I was a lot more grumpy," she giggled, as the light morning breeze blew in the air, they sat peacefully on the porch. While Hae prepared breakfast and Shisui was sound asleep. Well, at least that's what she thought, but Shisui has awoken early that morning to use the restroom and realized Aiko wasn't beside him—causing him to look around the home in curiosity of where his wife was at. Shisui heard her giggle and followed her voice.

"And believe it's not I was studying to become a cryptologist," she sighed gently, Aiko couldn't deny that she was excited about being part of that team.

"Oh, so you have brains, unlike your father! Who had physical strength but not so much mental!" Kagami let out a light laugh, shocking his son, who stood idly by.

"Well, you can say that I don't have his strength," she responded, slowly taking a sip of her bittersweet coffee.

"Ahh don't say that I'm sure you could be just as powerful as him,"

"I'm not interested in being a shinobi to be quite honest,"

"It's a hearty occupation,"

"It truly is," she agreed.

"But being here now has truly made so much happier. You all have been so kind to me. I truly appreciate it," she smiled kindly.

"You're family now, we shall treat you as our own," Kagami spoke tenderly.

Shisui didn't announce his presence, quietly made his was next Aiko, and gently placed his head on her shoulder.

"Morning," he yawned his face still showing how groggy he felt.

"Morning," Kagami responded.

"Good morning dear," [y/n] smiled while handing him her cup of coffee, in which Shisui gladly accepted and took a small sip.

"Hae wanted to make breakfast, so I got up and cleaned while she cooked, but it should be ready in a few," she ruffled his messy midnight locks of hair.

"Sounds good," he smiled lightly.

"Aiko do you think you'll ever study again?" Kagami continued their conversation.

"I-I...I don't think so; I enjoy what I have now," she grinned happily while looking at Shisui, who somehow manage to fall asleep on her shoulder.

"It's been a while since I've been so happy,"

___

[a/n]: sorry for the lack of updates!

i'm trying to get back on track!

i hope you enjoyed! this was a nice chapter to write❤️

thank you for reading I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH ❤️🥺

-marle