chapter nineteen

Stella's point of view:

"Alisha?" His voice sounds stained, almost pained actually.

"L-Luke? What are you doing here?" The blonde looks at me for a quick second and then at our entwined hands. I grip his hand tighter and he seems to look down at me. He smiles and pulls me closer to him.

"This is my parents house," Luke says making me chuckle.

"Oh hi I'm Stella, nice to meet you." I bring my free hand to shake but she only looks at it, "Okay then."

"Luke we need to talk," I look at her and Luke looks at me, "No we don't." He tells her.

He pushes her away and walks with me, "Luke who is she?"

"She's the," he sighs and pulls me into a hug, "She's the past." He nuzzles his head into my neck and kisses my neck.

"She doesn't like me," I chuckle.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Can we go hang out with your family?" I ask him as we go downstairs.

"Go change into my clothes," he tells me.

"Okay," I smile. We go in his room and he tosses me a few of his clothes, "Wear these," He smiles.

I smile and realize I don't have my bra or underwear here, "Luke I don't have my bra or underwear," I whine.

"It's okay, just wear your bikini under these, don't wear sweats, just tie my shirt up and leave your bottoms like that." He wraps his arms around my waist and starts to sway us.

I put my head up and kiss his jawline, "You're something else," I giggle against his jawline.

"Go change kitten," He kisses my neck one last time and let's me change.

"Do you want a flannel instead?" He points to his red flannel that he was wearing.

"Yeah," I grab his flannel and my sandals.

"Let's go kitten," I smile and nod. We walk towards the backyard and notice everyone is gone except Luke's parents and brothers, oh and Alisha.

"You look smoking hot," Luke whispers in my ear.

"Alisha, she's my from here is she?" He pulls
me closer and sighs.

"No, she's from Australia, we moved here when I turned 16 but I moved back when I turned 18 so I can be with her but she," he looks like it pains him if he says more.

"You don't have to tell me, yet." I whisper in his ear.

"She cheated on me, she screwed me over." He finishes.

"That's why you, you don't trust commitment," I whisper to myself. I feel him nod and I sigh.

"C'mon," I sigh.

We walk to the table and she's there talking to Liz, Jack looks at me and then nudges Ben.

"Here Stella, we saved you a seat." Jack points to the chair next to him and I smile at him.

"Where am I going to sit," Luke pouts. I giggle and look at him, "I'll sit on your lap?" I suggest.

"Okay, just don't bounce to much baby girl," Luke smirks. I clear my throat and push his chest, "Just sit you idiot." I tell him.

He sits on the seat and pulls me onto his lap. I notice people looking at our interaction and I get nervous.

"Princess can you get my sunglasses in your purse?" Luke whispers in my ear.