Chapter 28: Hearing Conversations

•Funneh•

I was alone,my arm hurt,and hungry.Well,I'm always hungry so that's normal.I woke up in the girl's washroom today.Out of all the places..they chose that?!

That was an hour ago.I freed myself successfully.

Right now,I'm in a hallway.I haven't heard of any of my friends or the Krew.It was just me.I can't contact them since I lost my earpiece.All I have is a half-eaten granola bar.

I've been walking,and walking.Sometimes stopping by a barricaded window to try take the wood off.But I couldn't.

I heard someone's voice from a classroom to my left.I thought it could be anyone.Without any weapon for defense,I still went inside to check.

No one...?

"Guys? Anyone there? It's me..Funneh!" I called.It was strange seeing a piece of cloth on the floor.I picked it up to inspect it.It was red,a little long.Like something you'd use to wrap around a wounded leg or to...blindfold someone.

"Weird.." I muttered and put the thing away.But I swear I heard someone here! "Might as well leave."

I left the room and went started walking again.Just as I was about to enter another hallway,I heard people talking about something.

Their voices made me think I've heard them before.Two male voices..

I decided not to take a peek but just listen:

"So..it's true? What she said was true?" The first guy asked.What's true? And who's "she"?

"Yes...I'm sorry.I never wanted to.But I had to do it!" The other guy said.

Their voices weren't clear.Probably because they're far away from me.

"What? For money?! I am so disappointed in you right now.You're lucky I don't have any intentions to tell the others.But you have to tell them yourself."

Ooh,this is getting spicy.

"I'm sorry.I did it for my family.My father left us and the only way I could provide for us is to work for her.It's okay if you hate me now.Or if you ever fire me.I deserve it anyway.And fine.I'll tell them soon."

"Hm.I understand your reason.But I don't know if I can trust you anymore..."

I stopped listening to the conversation.It was really interesting though.But who knows who they are.

(I might be making everyone as blind as paris.that was totally not a mlb reference.)
______________________________________

I hummed a tune as I strolled down the empty halls.I wonder if the others are okay or found each other.Evelyn and the captain could be outside,looking for--

Distracted from my thoughts,I accidentally tripped on something.Big oof.

I bent over and picked up the object.It was one of the tracker necklaces the captain gave to the boys(except Draco)! That could mean one of them was in this area and must've dropped it.Or to give us a sign...? I held on to it and ran off.

"He's moving! He's moving! He's right here!"

Before I know it,I bump into something.Someone.My face hit their chest.Seriously? I just tripped a few seconds ago.

"Funneh!"

I pushed them back and looked up to face them.

"Krew! Finally found you guys! Wait..where are the others?" I asked."That's why we're here.We managed to track Kyran and now you're here." Lunar explained.