Celebration of Life Part 42

“You can’t be serious!”

    Reed finished changing his clothes and laid down next to Winnie.

    “Andrew told me himself.”

    He leaned up on his side so he could look down on her face.

    “If I hadn’t seen her reaction to him this evening I would think you were crazy, but I will say that it would explain why she did that. I still don’t believe it.”

    “Believe what you want but he told me what’s been going on between them two. Trust me I’m more shocked than anyone. Considering she hates me and anything to do with me.”

    “Come on she doesn’t hate you. She just doesn’t like change and well you did almost kill Conner.”

    Winnie frowned and a blush washed across her face.

    “Well I don’t know what’s going to happen between the two but I’m just telling you what he told me.”

    “What do you mean you don’t know what’s going to happen? When one of us falls in love it’s forever.”

    “That’s not true, look at Conner, and well Andrew has never been the dating kind let alone someone who settles down with someone.”

    “I guess we will have to wait and see.”

    Reed wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

    “I guess so…”

    Weeks went by with a calm over the house. It was as if the family members put aside their issues to prepare for the upcoming wedding. It was decided that the wedding would be held out at the cottage. May and Grace had a huge wedding in mind with hundreds of guests but Winnie refused. She explained she knew no one outside of her new family and was unable to invite her parents. She wanted something small and intimate. So it was agreed it would only be the family there, but that did not stop them from designing and decorating the cottage for a wedding fit for royalty. As the day got closer Winnie gave up on trying to tone them down. The most important thing to her was the dress. She was the only one who had a say in what the dress looked like. In fact she wanted to keep it a secret from everyone. So when she went to look for one Love was the only person to go with her. She knew the moment the dress was on that it was The One. After a little over a month of hard work by everyone the cottage was cleaned and decorated, the clothes were on, and the music was ready to play.