Part 56

Andrew stood up and started clinking his glass to get everyone’s attention. 

    “Hello everyone! I’m Andrew Fairchild. Most of you don’t know me so I’ll tell you. I am Winnie’s older brother and in love with the birthday girl here tonight, Addison Hathaway. First I want to raise my glass and wish Addison and Conner a Happy Birthday! Before I sit down and shut up I just have one question…Love will you turn around?”

    Everyone turned to look at Love. With a questionable look on her face she did as he asked. Her face dropped and she couldn’t breath. Landon kneeled on the ground holding out a ring.

    “Will you marry me?”

    A tear ran down her face. She let out a soft laugh and wiped it away. 
“Yes! Of course yes.”

    Landon jumped up and grabbed her, swinging her around, and kissed her. The room cheered and clapped. Everyone quieted down to hear Landon talk.

    “I have been with this amazing woman for decades. We have laughed and had plenty of arguments. At the same time, there has never been a moment I wasn’t completely in love with her. But I have never been as happy as I am right now. So thank you everyone and let’s get back to the birthday celebration.”

    The crowd clapped and the roar of the party began again. 

    May put her arm through Marcus’ and laid her head on his shoulder. 

    “Good evening darling!”

    Together they looked out across the party. They watched Gabe and Grace dance. They smiled at the sight of Reed and Winnie congratulating Love and Landon. They wondered what the future had in store for Addison and Andrew. Seeing Conner and Cara talking and laughing together, they became happy and relieved. 

    “Marcus, I think our family is finally complete!”

~THE END~