Chapter 1

Ankita's P.O.V.

I sat on a bench away from all the noise and chaos that was going on in the school compound with my small blue diary. I don't know why I have a habit to write in a diary. Many people think that it is unnecessary in this modern world where everyone has a best friend whom they can share anything with but I still write in it. Even I have a best friend. In fact, I have two. One is Preeti, whom I study with, and another is Rohan, my childhood friend. There is nothing that Rohan doesn't know about me. He knows everything about me. I share all of my heart's feelings with him. He is studying in medical college and is in his final year. I smiled as I felt so peaceful sitting on that bench. The view in front of me was breathtaking. The setting sun, the birds going back to their nests after a long day of finding food and flying so freely in the air. The breeze came in contact with my skin and blew through my hair making me forget all my worries and tiredness of the day's work. Yes, I have worked very hard today. In fact, throughout the week. Our college was having their annual college fest which my class was in charge of this year. The principal made me the coordinator for this year and I didn't want to give him any complaints. I guess you can just say, I'm the perfectionist type. "Ankita!" a familiar voice called me breaking my thoughts. I turned around and smiled. "Come here. It's an emergency!" Preeti called me. I got up and took up my bag while holding my blue diary in my hand. "What's it?" I asked shouting for her to hear me because of the distance. "Princy is looking for you!" She shouted back. I tapped the back of my head, bit my lip and cursed myself, "Oh damn! I'm so dead!" I left there and ran back quickly into the main area for the event. When I reached the stage, our college's principal, whom we call Princy, behind his back, was standing with a disappointed look. I stopped and looked at him hovering over me like a giant on top of the stage with my eyes lowered. "Where were you?" He asked, "And why isn't the decoration of the stage completed?" I dared not raise my eyes in front of him.

"Don't you know that the fest is starting in a short while? I have some special guests coming here tonight! What will they think?" He scolded. "I'll get it done sir," I said softly. "You have five minutes! Get it done!" He ordered. I nodded. My entire team looked at me with their jaws dropped. Princy left the stage and walked away. I heaved a sigh and sat down. Some of my classmates gathered around me asking, "Are you crazy? How can we decorate an entire stage in five minutes?" I rested my arm on one of the guy's shoulder and said, "Chill! Why fear, when I am here?" He shook his head and looked at the rest of them saying, "Look, she has gone nuts! She is talking about decorating an entire stage in four minutes and thirty seconds." I got up with a smirk and took a few steps forward saying, "You guys don't know me! I am a psycho! What I am determined to do, I do it!" I snapped my fingers and said to all of them, "Come on! Let's get this stage rocking!" All of the students came together and we quickly began draping the cloth on the walls and decorated it with our bouquets of flowers which we hand made. Lastly, we set the table and covered it, placing the most decorated and detailed bouquet on the middle for the chief guests. When we finished, everyone stood and looked at it with accomplished smiles. Preeti, who was standing next to me, gave me a high five saying, "You are what you say!" I smiled and hugged her. "Come on, we have to get ready!" Vicky, another classmate said. I nodded and went to a box which contained T-shirts for the class with their names printed at the back and the school's monogram on their heart. I gave them and they went to get ready. I took mine and gave Preeti hers and we went to the girls' washroom. There, we kept our jeans on and wore the T-shirts. We tucked in the excess into our jeans and stood in front of the mirror. Preeti took her bag and took out some makeup. I washed my face and took some tissues and wiped it. "Come, let me put some makeup for you," she said. I stepped away saying, "Hell no! I am not going to wear any makeup! I am good just the way I am." She shook her head looking at me.

"See, this is why you are not going to get a boyfriend! You're a girl! Behave like one," she said. "Firstly, I don't need makeup to tell anyone that I am a girl and secondly, I don't want a boyfriend who likes my makeup more than my real beauty," I said. She rolled her eyes saying, "I don't know what kind of girl you are. You know sometimes I think, God was creating you a boy, and when you were about to born, he fell asleep and you became a girl with a boy's mentality." I smiled. "I am perfect just how I am," I said. I took one of her face moisturizer and began applying it on my face. "I am still telling you. You are beautiful. You just need to enhance it. With makeup. And when you step out there, I am telling you, all those guys will faint," she said. I giggled and said, "You will never change." She continued with her makeup and I said, "I am going outside to make a round and check if anything is missing. Are you coming?" I looked at her applying very carefully, her lipstick. "I guess not then," I said and left. I stepped out of the washroom and looked around. It was already getting darker and darker. People had already been gathering and some of the stalls had started selling. I walked to every stall and asked the student in charge there if there was any problem. Everything was perfect and going as according to the plan I had in mind. While walking and checking the stalls, I tripped on a wire on the ground and stumbled forward. Losing my balance, I bounced into someone from what I heard next, I knew that I made a mistake. I quickly regained my balance holding onto the person and looked at him. He was a young guy with his hair neatly gelled down and he had a jeans, T-shirt and leather jacket on. He looked at me pleasantly with a small smile on his lips. My eyes then moved to the girl behind him as she looked at her clothes which was soaked with some liquid. She looked up at me annoyed and with disgust filled in her eyes. I went around the guy and stood in front of her feeling ashamed.

"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to! I tripped on a wire on the ground and bounced into this gentleman and he bounced into you causing this mess," I said in one breath. The girl's anger didn't seem to reduce with that apology and I said, "Please, come with me to the washroom, I'll get you cleaned up." She looked at me from head to toe and yelled annoyed, "You down market girl! Do you know who I am? Do you know what brand of clothes is this? This is Gucci! You spoilt my Gucci dress!" I looked around and saw that there were spectators of the accident and bent my head. "It's ok Neeti, let it go. She didn't do it on purpose," the guy said. She glared at the boy. He immediately sealed his lips. Looking back at me, she said, "You will pay for this!" She turned around and left me there. The guy who was standing with her, turned to me and said, "Please forget it. She's a bit short tempered. It's ok." Putting his hand forward for a handshake, he introduced himself with a smile, "Hi, I'm Aarav. Aarav Mehra." I held his hand and shook it saying with a frown, "Please, say sorry on my behalf to your girlfriend." His face turned pale as he exclaimed, "Girlfriend!" I flinched at his tone. "She's not my girlfriend! She's my cousin's cousin! If you understand that," he said loudly and then confused at his second sentence. "Actually, her cousin and my cousin is the same person but we are not cousins...." he began to rant while still holding onto my hand when I stopped him saying, "I'm sorry. I'm not interested." I awkwardly pulled my hand away from his and said, "I'm sorry once more." With that, I turned around and immediately began to walk away. "Strange guy! I said sorry and he began his life story?" I said walking away. I bounced into Preeti who was walking in the opposite direction as I was and she asked me, "What's wrong? What are you mumbling?" "Nothing," I said shaking off my thoughts and confusion, "Please make a next round to all the stalls and check if everything is in order."

She nodded and held my shoulder saying, "Chill. I will." She left me there and I turned around and walked to the stage. At the side of the stage, Princy was standing and looking at bit tensed. He noticed me and called me closer. I went to him getting ready for any complaint he had. "Yes sir," I said standing in front of him nervously. "Mala had to leave for some urgent work and so she can't go on the stage and give the present and bouquet to the chief guests. We need someone else," he said. I frowned worriedly and asked, "What will we do now sir?" Both of us stood there and thought for a while. After a few seconds, he suggested, "Why don't you go and give the gifts and flowers?" I stood and looked at him dumbfounded at his words. Me? On stage? In front of everyone? I gulped down my saliva as I stood trembling already at his thought.

___________________________

Hey guys! This is my new book which is a continuation of my first book, 'I Was Always Yours To Be'. This book will focus on Yash and Urvi's son, Ayaan's love story. Hope you guys read it and enjoy! Also share it with your friends!