11

Undercover operation, 

catch wanted prisoner...

Reward: 20,000,000 jewel.                

Location: Oshibana.

"Perfect," I said and showed Laxus the job, he titled his head and asked, "What's the undercover operation part?" Curiously, I also tilted my head mirroring his action, "Hmm not sure, let's do it anyway seems interesting." I went up to Mira and showed her the job, she called up the client and approved so we could go.

Time skip~~

We finally arrived at Magnolia station and I felt nauseous just thinking about trains. Laxus came back with our tickets and once the train was here we unfortunately had to board it. I followed Laxus into one of the booths where we sat and placed our bags down. I was gazing through the  window looking out into the distance, when I was suddenly interrupted by speech.  

"So, how do you know Gajeel?" The lightning dragon slayer asked out of the blue.

"Well, when I left for my decade quest, I was walking along a river and I met him for the first time. He looked lonely so we walked together for a while that day and camped together for a few weeks until he left one day. Then another time when I was about 19, I came across metal-head again he was grouchier and annoying but I enjoyed his company. Then we decided to say our goodbyes and next thing I know he's joined the guild," I explained.

 Laxus' jaw clenched but released after. "Oh" was all he said and stared at the view through the window. 

The train suddenly lurched forward causing me to jerk towards Laxus. 

Laxus POV~~

The train was going crazy and suddenly it jolted making Rami all up in my arms hanging onto me. I chuckled lightly at her face, "Hey, you ok?" I asked slowly. "Y-yeah I'm fine," she replied as she regained her composure acting all stoic and stared outside. Nice try, I can see right through you. 

I couldn't help but notice how the wind brushed small strands of hair onto her face and how she tucked them behind her ear once in a while. I smiled at her without her noticing and placed my headphones on my ears. Well I guess we're just friends...for now. I thought as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

I felt the train halt to a stop and relief washed over me straight away because through this entire trip I've been wanting to hurl. I look over at my accomplice and see that she is in deep sleep, I didn't want to wake her up so I just picked up her up bridal style and carried her out of the train.

While walking to the client's house, she moved around in her sleep and started to open her eyes. "What's up sleepy head?" I asked teasingly. "What the- I thought I was on the train." She said in a morning voice that I was completely used to, due the nights sleeping at the tree together. 

I laughed as I looked down at her still in my arms, "Your ass fell asleep on the train, so I picked you up." I stated calmly. "Thanks Laxy, you're my knight in lightning armour, is that how it goes? I'm not used to civilized conversation." she asked as she stretched and leapt out of my arms, leaving and empty coldness behind. 

"It's actually knight in shining armour." I laughed and corrected her statement. She peered over at me and nodded giving me a that's fair look. I shrugged my shoulders and agreed with just a look. Funny how we could just communicate with our eyes. Speaking of eyes, she glanced at the luggage I was carrying and stopped me. 

"Here let me carry the bags since your arms must be tired from carrying me around." She said a bit embarrassed, "Nah it's fine really" I said but she grabbed the bags off me anyway. "Now whose the knight in shining armour?" I remarked and she just giggled, the sound making me feel warm inside. So effortless yet so much effect, does she even know what she's doing to me?

We finally made it to the client's house which was a huge mansion with neatly trimmed, trees all around. Tch what a try hard, I hate this already.  I knocked on the large door and a guy with a tailored suit came out looking over at Rami who was innocently glancing at the trimmed trees. I swear if he tries anything. 

He lead us into his house and we sat on a couch that was in front of a desk. "Thanks for coming, Fairy Tail wizards I appreciate your presence." He declared slowly and glanced over at Rami and then back to a piece of paper on his desk. I cleared my throat making my presence known as he straightened up. 

Rami looked over to me when he said this and moved in closer on instinct, thinking it was unknown to me. I smirked at this and looked over to her sitting up straight and serious, I never knew she could be this dedicated.

"My partner and I would like some more details regarding this job." She spoke with assertiveness and got straight to the point . 

"Right, This criminal has been let out of jail and is most likely to attend a party that I'm hosting tomorrow, he always breaks in and tries to steal my family gem. He tried to steal it last time but other wizards came to the rescue, I hope to get rid of this problem infinitely. He will most definitely come to this party, I don't know of his appearance because he always wore a mask but I have something of his that dropped out of a pocket last time." The guy explained and gave us a photo that looked like a picture of some girl. 

I saw Rami's nose twitch and noticed she tried picking up a scent from the photo. 

"Thank you sir, my partner and I will appear at this party undercover and hopefully catch this criminal." She said after analyzing the picture.

 "Please, call me Jeremy." He said as he stood up and tried kissing the top of her hand but she dismissed the action with a hand shake. Smooth.