30

Before we start, I advise you to read the last chapter (29) to recap on what has just taken place. Thank you so much for your support. Enjoy.

Laxus POV~~

21 days.

It had been 21 days since she died. 21 days since I refused to believe she was gone. 21 days since I last visited the guild.

Freed, Bickslow, Evergreen, and even Gajeel with the book girl and black cat would come to visit her apartment in the woods. It was where I decided to stay, I needed to relish in her scent because I just couldn't let go.

"This place reeks man." Bickslow blocked his nose in response and shoved my shoulder.

"He's right Laxus, clean these places up right now, what would Rami think of this mess!" Evergreen quickly covered her mouth with her hand as Freed and the others glared at her.

"I mean, I thought, Laxus I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said her name-"

I released a breath and stood up, my gaze not leaving the floorboards, fingers gripping my hair.

"Get out," I rasped and they all left in silence with sympathetic looks.

She wouldn't like the mess.

I studied the stained coffee mugs and empty bento boxes, my nose scrunched in disgust so I took off my coat to start cleaning.

~~~~~

Leaning against the bathroom basin, I wiped down the fogged mirror and studied my face. A phantom looked back, my dark circles and eye bags were visible and my facial hair had grown significantly.

After putting on my clothes I exited her cabin and made my way to the outskirts of Magnolia, to our tree.

I overlooked the city and noticed how the lights seemed dull.

Almost like me.

My headphones were in and I played the first song that came to mind

And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

And sooner or later, it's over

I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am