19

Laxus POV~~

With a mug of beer in my hand, I emptied the remaining liquid hastily into my mouth, drowning in my woes. 

After witnessing yesterday's events, I decided the brown-eyed dragon slayer needed some space. I still didn't know how to feel about Alison. To me, she was a wonderful friend and made me feel a certain type of way. 

Even though she never spoke about her past, I knew it troubled her. I mean yesterday was Rami's side of the story, how about hers?

I spotted her speaking to a tiny girl with long blue hair and the book worm. She looks so innocent and I know she's a bit of a flirt but I wonder why she had to do that to Rami in the first place.

 I gripped the mug tightly as I thought of the pain Rami had to deal with.

Was the mark on her stomach actually from Alison? 

"Laxus." The geezer called my name from the bar counter top and I decided to make my way over with folded arms.

"What is it old man?" I scoffed with an annoyed tone.

"Yesterday was no way to speak to Rami, especially with what she's been through. I would of expected better treatment towards her, particularly from you." He stated boldly. 

I paused before thinking of the correct words, ignoring the first sentence I chose to answer the second. "What do you mean particularly from me?" I glared at him.

 "You're so naive, boy. If you've ever noticed, she's almost always around you in the whole guild and now that you've got your little friend, who, if I'm wrong, has a brutal past with your brown haired lover?" The geezer smiled into the last words of his sentence and my eyes widened at this. 

Lover huh. 

"Tch, gimme a break." I muttered coldly. 

It was now well into the afternoon and she still hadn't made an appearance at the guild. 

Damn it. 

I stood up to go look for the girl when the golden eyed girl tugged on my sleeve. "Leaving so soon, handsome?" Alison grinned up at me. 

"Alison, I think I'm going to need some space." I glanced down at her frowned expression and she was about to answer when the guild doors opened revealing an Earth dragon slayer with a bag slung around her shoulder. 

She's leaving, again. 

Her up right posture walked past everyone, looking straight ahead. "Where's Natsu?" She questioned and everyone hushed down to listen. The old man gestured to the infirmary and she turned to make her way through the doors. "Rami." She stopped halfway and peered over her shoulder at the voice.

 My voice.

 I heard her scoff and felt a sting in my chest, as she kept walking, closing the door behind her. 

Rami POV~~

Natsu lay in the bed fast asleep as I sat by his side, with Happy and Nora watching me sadly. "You don't have to leave, you belong here Rami, we just have to get rid of her!" Happy exclaimed. 

"No, it's better if I leave, everyone will be happy. Especially Laxus. He probably thinks I hate him, but it's just better that way."

I uttered as I brought Natsu to consciousness. "Ram Ram," He slurred his speech and clutched his head. "What's going on? The last thing I remember is...uhh..." He looked at me confused and I chuckled as I held his shoulder.