39

Clover Train Station ~~

The blonde securely placed his hand in the small of Rami's back, pulling her closer. 

"Easy, we've still got a job to do. The honeymoon can come right after Laxy." The brown haired mage blinked exaggeratedly, positioning his hand over her shoulders instead. 

"I swear, this isn't like gramps at all, he would rather we- you know." Laxus winked and smirked with one side of his mouth. 

"Ok husband, let's not- not yet." Rami replied, quickly walking ahead of the blonde towards the exit leading to town. 

The lightning mage shook his head as his mouth upturned into a genuine smile. 

He caught up to her and looped his arm around her shoulders again, watching as the chatter from the townspeople began to feel like the nostalgia of their first job together. 

"What do you think it's gonna be this time? A pervert or an old man whose niece is secretly planning to steal his fortune?" The girl asked animatedly as she giggled to herself, stopping at a fruit stall. 

"My money's on the old man," The blonde replied, using his hand to wisp his locks out of his eyes. 

Rami looked up to notice the wind brushing through her husband's hair, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"That was attractive," She admitted, squeezing his bicep as he dramatically ran his hair through his hair again. 

Her eyes lit up as she smiled, noticing some unique fruits at the stall.

Rami rustled through her bag to retrieve a small sack of jewel to pay the woman at the stall before grabbing a round pink fruit with yellow spots on it. 

Really?

Laxus asked through their lightning link. 

Rami replied with her head tilting to the side as they continued walking again. 

"I'll eat it, no one said you had to," She replied jokingly, pocketing the weird looking fruit in her bag. 

He huffed and adjusted the bag on his shoulder. 

Married life huh? 

You know I can hear you.

Time Skip ~~

Rami and Laxus walked up to an abandoned building, checking the address on the flyer to see if it matched. 

"Mira said this one was a bit strange so keep a lookout," Laxus mentioned, turning the knob of the door as lightning sparked as soon as he came in contact with it. 

Rami nodded her head as she peaked through the window, noticing movement from inside. 

They both looked at each other before stepping through the door and placing their bags down on the wooden deck. 

"We're wizards from FairyTail about the suspected dark guild robbery charge." Rami announced as a figure rustled and came into view from behind a pillar. 

"Oh thank god! Please sit, sit, sit. My niece will get you some tea." An old man spoke quite quickly as he guided them to a red sofa. 

Laxus eyed the niece and then turned to Rami, everything about what she said becoming true. He covered up his chuckle with a cough as he sat down and let Rami ask the questions. 

"So, what happened here?" She asked pointing towards the wrecked interior of the house. 

"A dark guild attacked here not too long ago and ransacked the whole house, especially my office, taking my account ledgers," The short round old man replied in a sad tone.