ϟ 6 ϟ

the week following this first 'tutoring lesson' at the library was a bit weird for both donghyuck and mark.

both boys kept hanging with their usual groups of friends, but they would often come across each other in the corridors causing them to steal glances and smiles – mark would even wink. they never talked to each other in public, but they did meet in private. at the library, for example, where donghyuck dragged his friends every day after school to read, so that he could help mark.

however, both mark's and donghyuck's comportments had started to change. and their friends had started to notice something was going on with those two. well, independently, but still.

"donghyuck?"

"what?" the tanned male asked, putting his book aside and rising to his feet.

"it's the fourth time you're going to pee this hour." jisung pointed out, not lifting his head from his book.

"who said i was going to pee?" donghyuck raised a brow? "i'm going to get another book."

"your bookmark isn't even halfway through your book." jaemin said.

"and? jeno likes to read multiple books at once and i don't see you questioning."

"but we all know that you hate it." renjun joined the conversation.

donghyuck scoffed. "maybe i want to try again?"

"guys, you're loud and i'm trying to read a kiss scene." chenle raised his head from his novel.

"why are you so irritable?" jisung mumbled, still concentrated on his book.

"because you're all creating problems for nothing. i do whatever i want." donghyuck spat before taking his book and his bag and leaving their spot.

he walked towards mark angrily, throwing his bag on the table and letting himself fall on the chair.

"donghyuck! i need some- are you okay?" the older asked.

"no." the young boy pouted. "i fought with my friends."

"it's okay, it happens sometimes. every friendship has its ups and downs. that's how it works." mark rubbed donghyuck's shoulder.

donghyuck nodded.

"i think you're right. you needed my help?"

"forget about that." mark closed his books. "i've been here for a long time already. plus, i came here during my free period, so i did my quota for today. how about i offer you something to drink?"

donghyuck thought for a second before nodding shyly.

"okay, but nothing alcoholic. i don't want to be imprisoned for hanging out with you." donghyuck told.

mark chuckled.

"i know. you're still a baby boy. no alcohol for you." mark poked donghyuck's nose, making donghyuck blush. or was it the nickname?

mark threw randomly all his books inside his bag and stood up telling donghyuck to follow him. donghyuck did as he was told, trotting behind mark like a lost puppy.

they got out of the school.

"i know a beautiful café just around the corner. is it okay for you?" mark asked.

donghyuck nodded.

the two boys walked there in a comfortable silence.

they didn't really know what to talk about. they hadn't been friends for that long, and they didn't seem to have this much things in common. the two boys were pretty different. they seemed like two opposites actually.

they arrived at the 'rainbow café' in less than five minutes.

donghyuck chuckled when mark pushed the door opened and entered.

"what's so funny?" the biker asked.

"i didn't think you were that kind of guy..." donghyuck said, motioning the insides of the café.

the furniture was all pastel coloured, very asymmetrical and pretty cute, all in all, the world 'rainbow' described it perfectly. it fitted more donghyuck's personality than mark's actually.

"mark! what a pleasure!" a guy yelled from behind the counter.

mark approached the counter, donghyuck on his heels.

"the feeling is mutual, lucas."

"i see you brought a boy..." lucas wiggled his brows in donghyuck's direction, making him uneasy.

mark slapped lucas' hand that was on the counter, making him laugh.

"go sit at a table. i'll bring you the menu." lucas showed a free booth.

mark and donghyuck did as told and ordered when lucas brought them the menu.

his boyfriend, jungwoo, brought them their pastries and drinks, cooing at donghyuck's cuteness when he was at it.

"can i have your phone?" mark asked, looking at donghyuck savouring his rainbow cookie.

"why?" donghyuck asked mouth full.

"i want to save my number. so that i can text you at any time of the day and of the night."

donghyuck swears he didn't want to seems desperate, but that's exactly what he looked like when he dropped his cookie in his plate to reach for his phone in his bag at full speed.

"here you are." he said.

"thanks." mark said with a chuckle.

he entered his number in the device before giving it back to donghyuck with a smirk. "don't forget to text me tonight so that i can save yours."

donghyuck nodded and put his phone back inside his bag.

they spent the rest of the evening in the same booth, laughing about random things. the awkwardness had totally disappeared, as if it was never here in the first place.

sadly, donghyuck had to go back home...

mark kindly walked him back to his house. they continued their random conversations on their way back. they got to donghyuck's house in the blink of an eye. times flies by when you're enjoying yourself.

in reality, it was pretty late. donghyuck would surely get scolded.

"thank you for today. i had a lot of fun with you." donghyuck smiled at mark.

"i did too." mark ruffled the younger's hair. "let's do that again some time, okay?"

donghyuck nodded. "i should really go, i'm sorry. i'm going to get scolded."

"yeah, sorry. see you at school."

"yeah, see you."

and with that mark left towards school where his motorbike was. effectively, he had spent his afternoon with donghyuck, leaving his motorbike at school, but now, he needed it to go back to his dorm...

donghyuck entered his house silently, taking his shoes off and heading towards his room but he was stopped when he passed by the living room.

"LEE DONGHYUCK! WHY ARE YOU BACK THIS LATE?!" his mother yelled making him stop in his tracks. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!"

if there was one thing donghyuck hated to do, it was lying. and one thing he hated more than lying was lying to the ones he loved. why?

because he didn't know how to lie. he couldn't keep secrets. he was always busted.

but right now, he felt like he would need to start lying a lot, which meant nothing good for him...

"i was with jaemin. i'm sorry, i forgot to send you a message."