ϟ 8 ϟ

the next day, donghyuck arrived to school, seeing his five best friends standing in front of the gates with sad looks on.

"donghyuck!" chenle exclaimed once he saw the tanned boy arriving.

"we're very sorry about yesterday's behaviour. we didn't want to sound mean or anything." renjun continued.

"we don't want you to feel bad." jaemin added.

jeno nodded. "yeah, and we didn't want you to take it the wrong way."

"if you need more privacy, we're ready to give it to you, hyuck." jisung finished.

donghyuck looked at his five friends astonished before approaching them to pull them in a big group hug.

"i'm the one who's sorry for being like that. i shouldn't have reacted this way. you guys were just curious and i..."

"it's okay hyuck, don't worry. you're all forgiven." jaemin reassured the tanned male.

"one for six..." chenle started.

"AND SIX FOR ONE!!" they yelled together their motto since early years.

their friendship was truly a beautiful one.

six boys, all having the same passions, and loving each other. unconditionally.

ϟ

life got back to its normal path.

donghyuck and his five friends hanging out together.

mark and his biker gang as well.

donghyuck would go to the library to help mark, and sometimes, they would hang out after, but those times were rare because donghyuck's friends were suspecting something.

they had noticed donghyuck always ran away at some point to go somewhere and came long after.

two weeks had passed since their little fight at the library.

mark and donghyuck hadn't hung outside since the past week. they had seen each other for half an hour at the library the day before though. and, well, the two were always talking on the phone.

donghyuck was now used to sleeping around midnight. he really liked talking to mark, it was like an addiction. the older boy was so interesting in his eyes, and so attractive as well.

"donghyuck?" jeno nudged the tanned male.

the six friends were currently at the canteen, and all the boys had their eyes glued on donghyuck who hadn't touched his meal since the beginning of lunch while all the others had finished. why? he was too busy with his phone.

"huh?" donghyuck raised his head from his phone to look at his friends.

"what is so interesting on your phone that you don't eat?" jeno asked.

donghyuck gulped.

had he been too focused on his phone to the point he had forgotten to eat?

"nothing." he replied in a high-pitched voice, hiding his phone between his thighs and digging in his food.

"surely nothing, yeah." jaemin raised a brow. "and, why does that nothing has to be hidden? is it a secret boyfriend?"

donghyuck chocked on his food at what jaemin said.

mark? secret boyfriend?

well... the thought of it didn't repulse him that much.

it was kind of... attractive actually.

having mark as your boyfriend would be something hot, when you thought about it.

"well... that nothing made hyuck blush madly..." chenle laughed.

"it didn't." donghyuck retorqued shoving a spoonful of disgusting canteen food in his mouth.

"yes, look." renjun pulled out his own phone on camera mode to show donghyuck the colour of his face. and effectively, he was redder than a tomato.

jeno took this opportunity to snatch donghyuck's phone from in-between his thighs, making the tanned male yelp immediately. thankfully, jeno was fast enough to stand up and look at donghyuck's device.

"a message from 'the one and only'. who the hell is that?" jeno asked donghyuck.

"he's a friend of mine." donghyuck replied, his head low.

"a friend? who?" chenle raised a brow.

"you guys don't know him."

"and what is that 'friend we don't know' saying?" jaemin inquired.

jeno looked at donghyuck's phone again.

"he says 'stop lying to yourself cutie. i know you can't resist to me. i'll be waiting for you at rainbow café.'" jeno read out loud.

donghyuck's friend had all their eyes widened and mouths agape while the tanned male had his forehead resting on the edge of the table. why did they have to take his phone at that one message?

but at the same time, he was kind of happy. mark would be waiting for him after classes at rainbow café for a 'date'. that was beyond cool.

"are you sure that boy is only a friend?" renjun questioned after a long silence.

"yes. i'm sure."

"he looks awfully like something more..."

"like what?" donghyuck raised a brow.

"a boyfriend." jisung told. "or at least a soon-to-be."