ϟ 20 ϟ

tough.

that's how the past days had been for donghyuck.

staying locked up in his room all day wasn't what he thought he would be doing during those holidays.

yet, that's exactly what he was doing.

he had no phone to contact mark.

his friends were angered by what they had learned.

his parents refused to let him go out.

he felt like being in jail.

the only good part of his day was when mark would knock on his bay window at night and stay with him until he fell asleep. other than that, his days were just shitty.

but what could he do?

he didn't want to break up with mark. he would never.

ϟ

"what's with the long face, mark?" doyoung asked seeing mark was sulking in his seat while all their friends were enjoying the dinner.

"nothing." mark replied.

he felt a hand being placed on his thigh in a comforting manner.

mark raised his head to meet eyes with taeil.

he had told him everything that had happened the past week. from donghyuck's friend misunderstanding them at the park, to the way donghyuk's parents kept him locked inside his house.

taeil was the only one that could understand him at the moment.

"mark..." jaehyun spoke. "we're your friends. you can trust us."

"yeah, i know."

mark internally scoffed.

sure. jaehyun would totally understand if mark explained he had a boyfriend and that that boy was the nerd from the library.

seeing the lack of motivation written all over mark's face, his friends were getting more and more worried.

"come on, mark." yuta spoke.

"cheer up a bit." sicheng added.

"yeah... i'm trying." mark replied nonchalantly.

"i know what we should do to make you forget about your worries!" taeyong told enthusiastically. "we should go and visit all the clubs of the city. that way we could have fun and you could even find someone to spend the night with."

mark felt uneasy thinking about the night he would have if he did what taeyong had said.

he couldn't do that to donghyuck. he loved him too much.

"i don't want to."