ϟ 7 ϟ

mark parked his motorbike at his usual spot, just between yuta's and jaehyun's, before getting to the dorm. he opened the door to find his seven dormmates eating dinner without him.

"what a warm welcome." he mumbled, putting his helmet at his right place and his leather jacket on the coat hanger.

"i thought you were eating out. you had disappeared from our sight." taeyong replied.

mark shrugged, picking a plate and some utensils in the kitchen before sitting between sicheng and taeil.

"where were you?" doyoung asked mark.

"at rainbow café."

"oh! you saw lucas and jungwoo then. how are them?" taeil questioned the youngest.

"they're fine."

taeyong cut the silence that had settled after a minute.

"mark. their café closes around 7. it's 8:30 right now. where were you?"

"does it really matter?" mark raised a brow.

"yes."

"i had to go back to school to take my motorbike."

"that doesn't require an hour and a half." johnny told.

"i know but- "mark was cut in his sentence by a notification coming from his phone.

he immediately pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked his notifications.

an unknown number.

???

hello mark, it's donghyuck

i hope you've arrived home safely

and that you didn't get scolded because it's late

even though you're a bit old to get scolded

mark smiled at the text he had just received, making him look like a madman in the eyes of the others around the table.

"mark?" jaehyun woke him un from his trance.

"huh?"

"are you seeing someone?"

mark looked at jaehyun with fire in his eyes.

"he is. for sure." yuta nodded.

"i'm not."

"well, you look like you are." sicheng joined the discussion.

mark hit the table with his fist. "well, you are blind."

before mark could react, taeil snatched his phone from his hand and read the message donghyuck had sent him.

"unknown number... and the boy is introducing himself." taeil stated. "it's a new relationship. donghyuck. that's his name. well, i don't see why you're hiding it. he's benevolent."

"what is he saying?" doyoung questioned.

"he is hoping mark hasn't get scolded for getting home late."