ϟ 9 ϟ

donghyuck speed-walked to the rainbow café as soon as his classes of the day ended, his mind clouded with his friend's words.

this boy, 'the one and only', sounds awfully like your boyfriend, or at least your soon to be.

it's not that this displeased donghyuck – far from that actually – but donghyuck had almost been busted today, and that's what worried him the most.

now, his five friends knew about him having a friend other than them. and they knew he had a certain interest in him. he was (a bit, for the moment) screwed.

"welcome to rainbow café!" the barista donghyuck recognised as lucas greeted. "oh! you're that guy mark brought the other time!"

"huh... yeah, it's me." donghyuck replied.

"you can sit in this booth. mark is in the toilets. he'll be back in an instant."

donghyuck nodded and did as he was told, sitting on the empty seat.

thankfully, mark arrived a minute later.

"oh! you're here already." he smiled when he saw donghyuck. "it's pretty early."

"yeah, i walked quickly."

mark smirked, brushing his hair back allowing donghyuck to see his forehead and his eyebrow piercings.

"eager to see me?"

donghyuck flushed red.

honestly, yes. he was eager to see mark.

he had been for the whole day. and talking about him with his own friends during lunch didn't really help.

"i'll take that huge blush as a 'yes', baby boy."

and here was donghyuck blushing even more at the given nickname.

it looked like mark loved teasing donghyuck.

"here is your order." lucas announced, slamming between the two boys a glass full of rainbow liquid with candies and two black straws poking out. "it's on the house. don't bother taking out your wallets." he added with a wink before leaving.

"CANDIES!" donghyuck exclaimed before picking the candies and shoving them into his mouth, moaning at their divine taste, and doing that so quickly that he spilled some of the whitish liquid on his chin.

mark chuckled at the childish – yet almost sexual – scene that unfolded in front of him.

he took a napkin and used it to wipe donghyuck's mouth.

"my friends would be surprised to see who you actually are." he told.

donghyuck looked at him with eyes wide.

he swallowed his candies quickly before talking. "you told them about me?"

"they saw the first message you sent me." mark explained. "i told them everything. except your age. they said you seemed like the perfect guy for me. caring and all. but their vision will change when they'll discover we're three years apart."

donghyuck nodded sadly.

"three years seriously. what is it in a lifetime?" mark asked angrily. "there are tons of people out there who are married to people way older or way younger!"

"true." donghyuck said before taking a sip of the beverage. its taste was wonderful, but now was not the time to saw it.

"so why are people making such a fuss about us being three years apart?!"