ϟ 5 ϟ

five of the six book worms were standing in front of the school gates, waiting patiently for the sixth one to arrive.

"what is he doing..." jaemin sighed looking at his watch in annoyance.

"i bet he forgot he lend her his book yesterday..." renjun rolled his eyes.

"that's for sure..." jeno passed a hand in his hair.

"we're going to be late." chenle added looking at jisung who was reading a book.

jisung shrugged, letting chenle lay his head on his shoulder and read his book with him.

just then, loud engines deafened the five boys, making them look at the eight motorcycles that were arriving and parking in front of the school. then, they watched the boys getting off their bolides and taking their helmets off, rearranging their hair, and finally walking in slow-motion towards the school.

and at the same time, arrived donghyuck, running as if his life depended on it, looking at his feet, obviously not caring about his surroundings, and not seeing the bikers in front of him.

"we are going to witness a catastrophe..." jeno widened his eyes, looking at donghyuck rushing towards the bikers head hung low.

his friends nodded, not daring to raise their voices, scared to anger the bikers that could send them to the hospital in a second.

and that's when it happened. donghyuck collided with one of the biker's backs. well, at least, it was the smallest. he looked as badass as his friends, but he wasn't as imposing as the others, so maybe he wouldn't hit as hard?

donghyuck let out a wince because of the impact and let himself fall on his butt, shutting his eyes tight.

but he never fell. instead, the biker he had collided with had turned around quickly and caught him before he could meet the ground.

"fell for me again?" he whispered, making donghyuck open his eyes to meet mark's ones.

donghyuck blinked, looking around to find seven bikers glaring at him.

he untangled himself from mark's grip.

"i'm sorry." he said quickly before running away towards his friends who were indeed shocked about what had just happened.

"why did you let him go?" johnny asked mark. "i was in the mood to beat some ass." he added, cracking his knuckles.

"yeah, plus seems like he was too scared to tell the dean about what we would have done." jaehyun smirked.

mark didn't pay attention to them, keeping his eyes on donghyuck who was leaving with his friends. "he's not worth it."

ϟ

donghyuck and his friends decided to have a well-deserved rest at the library after a long day of school. they entered the library, greeting mrs park before heading to their usual spot. each boy picked a book and they started reading silently, one of them occasionally breaking the silence to ask for the bottle of water of to ask for something irrelevant or for some precision about the alternative universe.

they all read the same books, not at the same time, but in the end, they all read the same ones. so, they could help each other if one of them didn't understand something.

after half an hour of peace, loud voices erupted in the library.

they recognized the dean's one, but they couldn't recognize whose was the other. however, donghyuck knew perfectly who it belonged to. it was mark's.

he waited for their argument to die down to rise to his feet.

"i'm going to pee." he declared before throwing his book on his armchair and going out.

he silently walked towards mrs park's desk, hidden behind the library and glanced at the tables, only to see the boy he had heard shouting at the dean minutes before sitting at a table, head in his hands, books opened on a table in front of him.

"donghyuck?" mrs park startled him.

"y-yeah?" the boy turned around.

"thank you again for keeping lee for me. thanks to you i could arrive to my son's show on time." she smiled.

"you're welcome." donghyuck smiled back. "why is he here?" he pointed at mark who hadn't noticed him yet since they spoke very low.

"the dean told him he had to work at the library at least two hours every day if he wanted to raise his grades and pass next year. his grades are too low for the moment." she explained.

"oh..." donghyuck nodded.

"i think you should... go and shake him a bit." mrs park told donghyuck. "i can hear him snoring from here."

donghyuck looked at mark before chuckling slightly. "i'll go."

donghyuck approached the table where mark was seated at and pulled the chair next to mark.

"mark?"

the boy didn't bulge.

"mark?" donghyuck said a bit louder.

mark didn't move.

donghyuck put a hand on his shoulder and shook him a bit.

"mark?"

"hmm?" mark groaned slightly but his eyes didn't open.

"you need to wake up."

"just... five minutes." he mumbled, laying his head on donghyuck's shoulder, his breath ghosting on donghyuck's neck, making donghyuck feel all strange inside and making his cheeks colour crimson red.

"mark!" he panicked, hitting the table a bit too harshly, making the biker jolt awake.

"what?" mark asked looking around surprised. his eyes fell on a blushing donghyuck. "what are you doing here? not that i mind. but... you weren't there when i fell asleep."

"i wanted to wake you up." donghyuck said.

mark rolled his eyes.

"so... the dean wants you to spend two hours here every day to improve your grades?" donghyuck raised a brow.

"yeah. and i have to study." he said, showing the science books lying open on the table.

"mitosis. interesting." donghyuck nodded. "i'll help you. if you let me, of course."

mark smiled brightly. "it would be stupid to refuse the help of a beautiful boy..."

donghyuck flushed red.

"zip your mouth and read the lesson."