ϟ 22 ϟ

a few days had passed since donghyuck's friends visited him.

none of them came back despite saying that they would after thinking about the matter.

renjun didn't either, but that's because donghyuck had forbade him. his friend had already put himself in so much trouble by saying he supported mark and donghyuck's relationship. he should stay with his friends right now.

"sweetie, sit down again please." donghyuck's. mother told her son as he was about to leave the table.

she was calling him 'sweetie' again. this made donghyuck smile wide internally, but he kept his cold facade on.

he had to leave the table the quickest possible. mark had come before dinner, and he was currently alone in donghyuck's room, waiting for his boyfriend to finish eating.

but it seemed like he wouldn't be back so soon.

after the argument, the meals had become silent.

donghyuck would never talk, and if he would, it was to ask for salt or water. nothing more.

at some point, his parents would be tired of the awkward silence and start a conversation about their day, but there was no real dialogue with donghyuck.

today was the first time.

donghyuck sat back facing his empty plate. "what?"

"are you okay?" his mother asked.

donghyuck scoffed.

could he be okay after all the mean things they had done and said to him?

definitely no.

"are you seriously asking that?" he raised a brow. "you're keeping me locked in my house, without being able to see the outside world."

"we can't risk anything until you and that boy break up." his father explained.

donghyuck scoffed again. "and how can we break up if you're keeping my phone? i have no way to tell him about all that!"

"speaking about that..." his mother joined the conversation. "...this boy is definitely not good for you."

"i know. you've been telling that for almost two weeks now." donghyuck snorted.

"you don't understand donghyuck. we want someone perfect for you! not an old biker that doesn't care about our son." she argued.

"when will you understand that he cares about me?!"

"he cares about you?" his father asked rather surprised. "then how can you explain the fact that you, his 'boyfriend', disappeared two weeks ago and that he sent zero messages to you?"

donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"we have your phone, donghyuck. we see the messages you get. and there were no messages from this boy. and that since the day he left you alone at our front door."

of course, there were no messages.

why would mark text him when he knows his parents have donghyuck's phone?