ϟ 25 ϟ

"mark?"

"yes, baby?"

donghyuck took mark's hand in his, caressing his palm softly.

"do you think people will accept us one day?"

mark didn't answer right away.

as much as he wanted to say 'yes', he wasn't so sure.

donghyuck's parents hated him from the bottom of their heart, and nothing could change their mind.

donghyuck's friends were grossed out by their relationship, and mark's were absolutely against the idea of mark having a younger boyfriend.

"well... i hope so." he whispered.

"i can't deal living like this mark..." donghyuck spoke slowly and carefully.

mark looked at his boyfriend in the eyes, getting worried when he saw tears forming in his eyes.

"we are against the rules, baby boy. that's what we chose to do..."

donghyuck sighed, the first tear falling from his eye.

"what are you thinking about?" mark asked, worry evident in his voice.

"i don't know... everything." donghyuck replied flatly. "we've been together for two months mark. two months. and these were the best months of my life."

mark smiled.

"but..."

there was always a 'but'. and that meant nothing good...

"but what?"

"the people around us are starting to be affected by our choices." donghyuck spoke low, more tears escaping his eyes.

"what about them? we love each other, don't we?"

donghyuck sighed. "of course, we love each other... but is all that worth it?"

mark stayed petrified.

"w-what does that mean?"

"don't you see how much trouble we cause?" donghyuck said. "we're making people hate us... and we're even breaking friendships... renjun and taeil are excluded because they support us."

"t-that's what we spoke about before agreeing to get together." mark responded.

"i didn't think it would have such consequences..." donghyuck whispered.

mark started crying silently.

what was donghyuck trying to say?

having him saying such things made mark awfully sad.

sad to the point he couldn't resist to ask where his reasoning was leading to...

"w-what can we do then?" he asked shakily.