ϟ 30 ϟ

johnny left the dorm when the sun was setting.

silently, he picked his motorbike and used it to drive to the district where he knew his lover boy would be.

he got there in a matter of minutes and got off his bolide before hiding behind the nearby bushes to watch his favourite human.

he had met him one year ago, when he was about to beat a man that had tried to steal his wallet. this beautiful thai boy had appeared and prevented the man to steal johnny's wallet by giving him his own.

at that time, johnny was too angry to do anything, and he regrets leaving without getting more information about him.

the only thing he knew was his name, that he had seen when the boy had handed the poor guy his wallet, and which was way too hard to read, which means it had to be a thai name – yeah, he didn't even really know if he was thai or not.

johnny followed the boy, admiring him from afar and not realizing he would bump into someone.

the chock came quickly, startling johnny.

"really johnny?" mark asked, a brow raised and his hands on his hips.

"what are you doing here?" johnny asked, eyes widened.

"the real question is what are YOU doing here?" mark articulated.

johnny waited a second before replying.

"i'm breathing a bit of fresh air." he said.

mark snorted.

he used on of his hands to push some leaves away and reveal the boy johnny was spying on, busy to do something on the other side of the street.

"breathing a bit of fresh air, huh?"

johnny froze. "h-how do you know?"

mark let the leaves go and faced johnny again.

"jaehyun told me you had hit him. and he took his revenge by bringing me here and showing me that boy." mark explained.

"fucking traitor." johnny mumbled under his breath.

"so, tell me. who is this?" mark asked.

johnny didn't answer.

"i'm talking to you johnny." mark tapped his foot.

"he's... a boy..."

"no shit sherock." mark rolled his eyes. "i had noticed it. what does he have that make you spy him?"

"nothing."

"i can see it is not nothing." mark raised his voice a bit.

johnny looked at his feet, a comportment very rare for the american.

"tell me johnny." mark spoke, voice much calmer but still irritated. "why are you spying on that guy?"

"i... kinda took a liking to him..." johnny mumbled.

"WHAT?!" mark yelled.

"shh!" johnny slapped his hand on his mouth. "not so loud."

mark took johnny's hand off and pushed the leaves away.

"are we really talking about this boy?" mark asked, pointing at the man.

johnny looked at him with heart eyes and nodded.

"really johnny?"

johnny looked at mark in the eye. the smaller looked like an angry bull right now.

"dude! i like who i like, you can't do anything about- "

johnny was cut by a punch in his stomach.

"i hope you are fucking kidding me johnny." mark spat.

"mark?! what's gotten into you?" johnny asked with difficulty, his hands clutching to his stomach.

"what's going into me?!" mark raised a brow. "did you really ask that?"

"yeah? and?"

mark threw another punch. "and a week ago you were cursing at me because i loved a young nerdy boy! and now i find you spying on some guy who's helping homeless people?!" he yelled at johnny.

"i-i..."

"do you know how much donghyuck and i suffered from your nonsense words?!" mark asked. "we broke up, johnny. we fucking broke up. because of you not accepting. and you have been one of the people who had the harshest words against us!"

"b-but..."

mark raised his fist. "shut up johnny." he spat. "just shut up... you shouldn't have a word to say."

johnny nodded his head, looking at mark with guilty eyes.

"i don't understand johnny..." mark said very calmy.

"...what?"

"how long have you been spying on him?"

"over a year..." johnny mumbled.

mark sighed before pulling on his hair.

"how can you just scream at me and donghyuck like that when you've been obsessed over some mysterious guy that helps homeless people?"

"i don't know..." johnny said. "i like him for what he is... caring and devoted to the simplest things... have you seen a lot of people helping homeless people like that? he does that every single night! and he collects food and necessities for poor people as well!"

mark furrowed his brows. "he's as incompatible with you as donghyuck is with me."

"what?! of course n- "

johnny prevented himself from speaking more. "i see where you're going mark..."

mark raised a brow.

"i'm sorry for what i said." johnny lowered his head. "i just... i don't know... i though donghyuck was too young, and that he didn't suit you... but now that i'm having this conversation with you, i realised how harsh my words were, and i realised that i was in the exact same situation... that's why i don't tell the others about it. because i don't want them to hate me for who i love... i'm very sorry mark... i should never have said that..."

mark nodded. "it's not to me you should apologise." he said. "i don't care about your harsh words. we're bros. i know you wouldn't hate me for that. hence, donghyuck isn't like me. he cried so much after all you said."

"tell him i'm sorry mark, i plead you. just get together, i'll convince the others this is not a bad union. and this way, i will be able to reveal this boy's existence..." johnny pushed the leaves away to admire the small boy. "you need to tell him i'm very sorry... and that i regret."

"no." mark said simply.

johnny looked at him in shock.

"i won't tell him." mark continued. "you will."

"b-but when?"

"tomorrow night. taeyong told me to invite him over to properly meet him. this could be our last chance to have all of you accepting us. so, you're going to apologize."