ϟ 32 ϟ

the ending is approaching...

mark had just left his dorm with donghyuck to bring him back to his house.

taeyong didn't waste a second to rush to the living room where jaehyun, johnny and yuta were sprawled out on the couches, and switch off the tv they were watching.

"taeyong! we were watching something." yuta whined.

"shut up ta." sicheng said, arriving behind taeyong with taeil and doyoung.

yuta obliged, sulking in the couch.

"we need to have a conversation." taeil said, hands on his hips.

"and about what?" jaehyun raised a brow.

"donghyuck." doyoung answered.

jaehyun rolled his eyes.

"this boy is a sweetheart." taeyong declared. "i feel so bad for treating him badly in the first place. he really proved us that he could be as mature as doyoung tonight."

it was no secret that doyoung was the more mature among them, even if he could act stupidly sometimes. and tonight, donghyuck had really been mature which had shocked the boys in the good way.

"yeah... he's still a nerdy kid." yuta rolled his eyes.

"did he seem like a kid tonight?" sicheng raised his voice.

"yeah, he practically needed a car seat to be on the same level as us." jaehyun added.

"shut up, jung. he's taller than me!" taeil argued.

jaehyun shut his mouth.

"we did a mistake by judging him too quickly. a very big mistake." taeyong spoke. "donghyuck is actually a really nice boy, and he fits mark really well."

"i don't agree with that." yuta crossed his arms.

"me neither." jaehyun added.

"as if we had asked for your opinion?" doyoung snorted.

jaehyun immediately stood up, ready to throw a fist in doyoung's head.

doyoung didn't bulge, because he knew very well taeyong would intervene, which he did.

"jung jaehyun, do not lay a finger on doyoung." he said sternly.

jaehyun glared at doyoung, his fist raised in the air, and then he looked at taeyong, still angry.

"why can't i do whatever i want?!" he asked rather harshly.

"because you're about to hit someone who is right, jaehyun." taeyong answered.

jaehyun didn't ask more. he got back to his spot on the sofa, next to yuta.

"as i previously said..." taeyong started again. "donghyuck is just like us, we have no right to discriminate him. you should at least give him a chance to show you he's fully capable of being a mature boy."

"mature my ass." yuta mumbled.

"it's you who's not mature. have you seen the fuss you're making because mark has a relationship?!"taeil yelled, angered by his narrowminded friends. "i was the first to support him, and i saw how hard it was for him to lie to all of you!"

"i don't give a fuck about it." jaehyun simply said.

"well, you'll eventually have to. i don't want a thickhead boyfriend." taeyong cut the conversation short.

jaehyun widened his eyes.

"are you breaking up with me?" he asked.

"he is." sicheng answered. "and i am breaking with you too, yuta."

"what?! that's completely immature!" yuta argued.

"we're playing the same game as you, my dears." taeyong smiled. "you don't accept them; we don't accept you. it's as simple as that."

no one spoke for a few seconds.

"i see this doesn't make you change your mind..." sicheng stated.

"we'll leave then. so that you can think about that matter alone, between jerks." taeyong added.

he knew his words were harsh, but that's what he needed to do to make jaehyun change his mind. sicheng and him knew perfectly neither jaehyun nor yuta would be able to live a day without them. their relationships had changed them, and taeyong and sicheng allowed the other two to be better people. as soon as they would leave, jaehyun and yuta would be their old selves again, and hopefully, they would come to taeyong and sicheng quickly to ask them for forgiveness.

"have a good end of day, you unaccepting cockroaches." taeil said, heading towards the door, followed by doyoung, sicheng and taeyong.

"that's ridiculous! you can't do that!" jaehyun yelled.

"sicheng! no!" yuta did the same.

"why the hell aren't you saying anything?!" jaeyun screamed at Johnny.

the boy hadn't spoken since the beginning of the argument. and now, he had just rose to his feet to follow the boys out.

"mark told the truth. i have nothing to say, and you know it already." he spoke, closing the door behind him.

ϟ

"johnny said sorry to me." donghyuck said as he was about to leave mark. he didn't know why he had said that among all the things he could say, but he did.

"that's good. now, we only need to convince jaehyun and yuta..."

donghyuck nodded.

"he seemed sad." donghyuck added after a while.

mark rubbed his nape. "well... he too has a complicated love life." mark told, making donghyuck arch an eyebrow. "he took a liking to some boy that helps homeless people... and he knows he won't be accepted as well."

donghyuck though a bit.

"who's that boy?"

"he doesn't know his name. but he goes around the city every night to help the homeless. johnny told me he was thai. he was a rather petite guy, very simple, with black hair."

donghyuck furrowed his brows, listening to his boyfriend's description of the guy.

"could that be ten?" he mumbled.