ϟ 12 ϟ

"taeil?!" mark exclaimed once he noticed his friend standing in the doorway.

"huh... yeah?"

"why the hell are you here?" mark asked harshly.

donghyuck and him had now meters separating them, both sitting at each end of the bed.

"i heard noises inside your room, so i guessed you were back home. i didn't know you had brought someone with you though." taeil explained with a head motion towards donghyuck.

"no but- why didn't you leave with the others?" mark asked again.

"oh... we drew lots to choose who would stay here with you." taeil told, his eyes glued to donghyuck who was playing with his fingers. "and i lost."

"i'm not a kid anymore. i can stay alone for three days." mark scoffed.

"speaking about kids, what's this one doing here?" he asked pointing at donghyuck.

mark looked at his boyfriend who just wanted to disappear right now.

"this is not a kid. this is donghyuck."

the name rang a bell to taeil.

"donghyuck? the unknown number of the other day?" he asked mark. "the one that wanted to know if you hadn't gotten scolded for getting home late?"

mark nodded. "yeah, he's the one."

"oh..." taeil let out, exanimating donghyuck from head to toe.

that's when he recalled the conversation they had that day with their friends.

why this unknown boy that sent mark messages seemed perfect for mark.

and if he couldn't get why mark said they wouldn't like the boy; he understood the problem perfectly now.

"so... that's the reason why we won't like him? because he's a kid?" taeil asked.

mark nodded slowly, his hand stroking donghyuck's thigh.

"what's your... relationship?"

"he's my boyfriend." mark said.

"boyfriend?! since when?"

"three weeks ago."

taeil scratched his head. "so that's why you're always out. for him?"

"yeah."

taeil nodded.

"please, we're aware that people won't like the fact we are together..." mark said slowly. "we're staying hidden, and you discovering wasn't planned. we'd like to keep our relationship going, you know?"

"yeah, yeah." taeil nodded.

"so, it would be great if you could... keep the secret."

"don't worry." taeil smiled. "i'm okay with you two being together. you have the right to love whoever you want. i'm not sure the others would be as acceptant as me though..."