28

Colby is laying on his bed watching a movie his laptop is playing 'The Hate U Give' on Netflix. While his best friend is beside him, her head is on his shoulder as she's eating a jar of cherries. She's trying not to make a mess with the juice.

It's been a while when Colby and Shea has a sleepover just for the two of them. He feels really bad when he's not spending time with her ever since they have been focusing on Sam, Evelyn, and the school play. Colby apologizes for her not spending much time together for two of them and she completely understands. He decided for making up for her, they're having a sleepover.

"Dude!!" Colby's deep voice when he felt the juice on his bare shoulder. "What the hell!" He laughed.

"Sorry!! I didn't mean to." She laughed, garb a napkin wipe it on his shoulder.

"Next time, please keep it away from me if you're making a mess." He glared at her jokingly as he's chuckle.

Sighs through his nose as his head is on her shoulder, continuing watching a movie.

It's been Yesterday since the kiss, and the two boys don't know what their relationship is. One minute, their friends, rivals, and friends again... but since the kiss happened, are they still friends? They couldn't be boyfriends since Colby hasn't been popped a question or they didn't haven't been mentioned anything about the kiss. Decided to take a slow.

Shea has been gazing at him acknowledging something is wrong because she knows him page by page. The way body language, the facial expression seem... different. She ran her thumb over his wrist tattoo as she thought.

"Hey, Shea."

She pauses the movie from the laptop, so she can pay attention to him, and listen to something he has to say. "Hmm?"

"There's something I need to tell you." Colby has decided to tell her everything, particularly the kiss. He couldn't hide something from his best friend when they told each other everything. Their friendship is just like any other movie with a group of girls gossiping about their life, especially a boy crush.

"What's up?" She raises her eyebrow as she's waiting for him to say something.

"So, you know me and Sam are okay now? With the whole you-know-who queen bee thing." Colby sits up, turns around facing her, and his legs are crisscross. Wearing baggy sweatpants with an oversize T-shirt since it's pretty lethargic and relaxing midnight.

"Yeah. You guys are good friends now which I'm so happy for you." She smiles, making sure Colby knows she always has been there for him and has his back. "After all, it's so whole misunderstanding because you know who."

"Mhm," Colby smiles slightly. He honestly doesn't know why it's so hard to tell her. It's so easy to tell her everything because she's the one in the friend group who understands him. She so cautiously talks too.

"Why? Why do you ask?"

"Well..." Colby took a deep a big breath trying to calm his nerves. He glanced around his room, staring at his large window saw a beautiful moonlight. He looked back at her determined to rip off a Band-Aid. "Me and Sam kissed." He said lowly as he looked down prepared for her to yell at him.

"Colbs," She shuffles around facing him as her legs are crisscross but she still has a duvet over her. "What's wrong? Wait, I thought he was straight?"

"He was.  After practice, we headed out to celebrate having an amazing rehearsal. Me and Sam went to his place we're eating ice cream as he confesses that he's might be gay. And we kiss." He said softly.

"Oh," She looks at his eyes noticed there's something different about him that she couldn't explain. "Do you like him?"

"I do." He whispered as he looked down. "I don't know. There's something different about him, it's like he's changed ever since we discovered the rumor thing."

"What do you mean?" She furrows his eyebrows as she looks at him confusing.

"From a total annoying jackass to a sweet boy who has the same personality ever since we've been kids. Last night, it was so real for me."

"So, are you guys are a thing?" She smiled as she raised her eyebrow.

"We haven't been talking since we kiss. And I don't want to rush things because he just came out to me, plus it's his first boy and boy thing." He said. "It's very new to him." He chuckles.

It's a lot of taking for Shea. Even though she's younger than him, like a brother to her but she's very protective of Colby. Because she doesn't want to get him outraged. She should support him since she cares about his happiness. And most of all, she should trust Sam. For Coby.

Shea may be a little bit skeptical of Sam after he did to Colby but she decided to not say anything because she doesn't want to upset him. She always loves to see how happy he was, and his smile. Shea never has a crush on him or has feelings for him. They're always like an annoying sibling who irritates them altogether.

"Even though I don't like him." She pauses. "But, if he makes you happy, then I'm alright. It's you're choice, Colby. You can be with someone whoever you want."

"Thank you." He smiled appreciatively, he crawls towards her to get closer to moreover and plop down beside her. He wrapped his arms as he gave her a tight hug.

They continue their night watching the rest of the movie, messing around, and eating cherries. Colby was glad to get out of his chest, he knew he would counting on her for making him happy.

Words counted: 975