part thirty: side story

*a year before Y/N and Jeongin were born*

"Seyeon!" Jackson called out her name as they had finally met after his 3 year trip to the US. She ran to him and hugged him.

"It's been so long. How are you?"

"I've been good. I see that your going to be queen."

"Don't get me started with that. They say that if I'm not engaged by next week, I'll be married off."

"That must suck"

"It does but lets not my life and talk about you. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. I just got here a few days ago so everything is a little stressful and I don't really know anyone other than you."

"You'll find a way to get more friends. You always find a way to everything" she said with a smile which made the boy get butterflies in his stomac.

*1 month before Y/N and Jeongin were born* 

Seyeon and Jackson always hung out, even after she got married. But their friendship was more than just a friendship. They would hook up secretly from time to time. But soon that stopped. Seyeon had found out that she was pregnant but not with the children of her husband but with Jackson's. Her husband thought it was his and so did Jackson at the time until one day.

"You said you needed to talk? " Jackson said entering the room.

"I kept this secret from you for too long"

"What do you mean?"

"Jackson...you're the father of my kids" his eyes widened when she said that, "But no one can know"

"Of course no one can know." He started, "but what are we going to do if he finds out?"

"WE are going to do nothing because..." She takes out a plane ticket from her desk and hands it to him. "y-you'll be leaving"

"I can't do that"

"Why?"

"Because I love you"

"I do too but I don't want you to be here when they do it"

"Do what?"

"The day that they're born, they will be given a DNA test with Taemin. His mom didn't believe me." 

"What will happen after that?"

"It depends on what they'd say. That's why I want you to go. I want you to be safe and when I get disowned by my parents, I'll go with you."

*d-day*

When the kids were born, everyone was happy except for Taemin's mom. She still didn't believe it. Luckily, they looked like Seyeon so no one suspected anything. Well not until the DNA test came back. She got yelled at by her parents and mother-in-law. Taemin said nothing because it turns out that he was also having an affair. They only ever saw each other as friends, nothing more. 

At this point, Seyeon was done with her family so she planned to leave the next day. She arranged for her to leave with the twins by dawn. But she wasn't the only one with a plan. Soon to be ex-mother-in-law also had a plan, but hers ended with blood of Seyeon and unexpectedly also of her son. 

*Night time*

People broke into the palace. Taemin and Seyeon both woke up and ran to the twin's room.

"Go to the panic room with them" he whispers to her as they quietly walk to her office. In the panic room they found the godparents of Y/N and Jeongin. "I'll be back" he said and she nods. After a while they hear a gunshot.

"Wait here. I'll be back." then Yungmin grabs her wrist. 

"It's dangerous out there."

"I know but I have to see if he's ok" 

"What if you get hurt?" Yuri said

"If anything happens to me, you guys have to take care of them." that was the last thing she said before getting shot. 

When the police came to investigate the killers had marked the initials 'J.W' which made everyone think it was Jackson who killed them. 

~~~