Chapter 2 The Plan

Ye Jin was standing in front of her abeoji's urn at the columbarium. She had woken up even before the sun rose that morning to prepare for her abeoji's death anniversary. Pinning the white chrysanthemum to the glass cabinet, Ye Jin bowed deeply before looking at the photos of her abeoji.

As far as Ye Jin could remember, it has always been the two of them. She knew that she has a twin who went with her eomeoni when her parents got divorced but the memory of her twin was fuzzy to her. They had only been toddlers then...Despite that, Ye Jin loves her abeoji dearly and it saddened her that he lost his fight to cancer.

Despite that, Ye Jin loves her abeoji dearly and it saddened her that he lost his fight to cancer

( Visuals: Ye Jin & her abeoji )

Ye Jin stared at the photo of her and her abeoji when she first started work at the hospital. The two had identical smiles on their faces as they posed for the shot, Ye Jin's arms hugging her abeoji tightly. The memory of that day laid fresh in her mind as the tears slipped down her face. Her abeoji has always been a pillar of support to her. He loves her dearly and has the biggest heart in the universe.

He was the head surgeon at the hospital and was well-loved by the patients and staff. When news of his demise hit the hospital, everyone mourned for days and a scholarship under his name was introduced by the director of the hospital.

Her abeoji has sacrificed so much for the hospital. Ye Jin couldn't be prouder of how much he has achieved even though his time on earth got cut short. It may have only been a year since then, but Ye Jin never stopped thinking or missing her abeoji's presence in her life.

"Appa...Happy death anniversary. I hope you are happy up there. There's never a day that goes by where I don't think of you. Just seeing the chair you used to sit on or even walking by your old office at the hospital reminds me of you.

"I miss you so much appa but don't worry about me. Your flower is happy, and I promise I will live life to the fullest until the day we meet again. You make me a proud daughter and I'll make you proud one day appa. I love you so much appa." Ye Jin cried as she tried her best to stay strong.

Her sorrows still laid deep in her heart and she knew that a part of her would never be able to move on from the loss of her beloved abeoji. The only thing she can do now is to make him proud of her.

Ye Jin stayed at the columbarium for another hour before she left for work. She knew that the hospital has prepared something for her abeoji as well and somehow, she knew that he would love it.

Fixing her dishevelled appearance, Ye Jin got on the bus and arrived at the familiar doors of the hospital in no time. In the early morning, there were only a few patients up and Ye Jin greeted them brightly as she made her way to the locker rooms to get changed.

 In the early morning, there were only a few patients up and Ye Jin greeted them brightly as she made her way to the locker rooms to get changed