Chapter 28 Masquerade Fool

Warning: Prepare tissues!
Important Author's Note at the end! Please read and let me know what you think! DMs are welcomed too🤗
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyun Bin woke up the next morning, feeling as though he got run over by a truck. He couldn't remember what happened last night or how he even got back. Hyun Bin cursed when he sat up and felt the intense pain from his pounding headache. It was as though his head was going to fall off and he simply despised the light streaming into his room. With another groan, Hyun Bin got out of bed, trying to search for some pain relievers to tame that headache.

Unsurprisingly, Hyun Bin was in a foul mood over breakfast. Mdm Ji Hyun made him some hangover soup which helped a little, but it certainly didn't take away all his problems. His heart still hurt, and it felt as though a part of him was missing. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that his sweet Jinnie is capable of doing something so manipulative.

Was it her intention to hurt him? Is this why she just left like that? Hyun Bin was trying not to think so much about her, but he couldn't help it. Every corner he turned; he could see her. All the memories of their time together in the family house was still raw in his head as though they just happened yesterday.

"Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt your meal but..." Secretary Kang interjected. "What now?" Hyun Bin snapped. He wasn't in the mood to deal with anything or anyone right now. Secretary Kang knew that the news he has won't bode well with CEO Hyun, but it was better to inform him now than later. He'll need the mental preparation.

"Sir, Chairman Hyun has just informed me that he will be coming down to the family house. He told me to tell you not to leave for work until he has a chat with you." Secretary Kang said, keeping his face neutral.

Hyun Bin slammed his fist down at the news, his gut telling him that his sudden visit has something to do with the recent revelation. "Why does he have to come today of all days." Hyun Bin said through gritted teeth. Secretary Kang simply kept quiet, letting CEO Hyun vent as he tried to come to terms with the visit. It's not like he has a choice. His abeoji does what he wants. Though Hyun Bin did try to be cordial with him that one time in the office, he was in no mood to deal with him today.

Growling in anger, Hyun Bin stormed out of the dining room and locked himself in his study. Secretary Kang let out the breath he was holding and shook his head hopelessly. Today's visit isn't going to end well.

Hyun Bin was pacing in his study as he waited for his abeoji to arrive. He was struggling to keep his emotions in, and it was with a start that he realised that suppressing his emotions didn't come naturally to him anymore. It used to be so easy not to feel anything. To keep an indifferent expression on his face. Now, he felt every emotion acutely and it just goes to show how much Jinnie has changed him.

And there he goes again...Why does every thought lead back to Jinnie? Frustrated with himself, Hyun Bin punched the wall in his anger, his eyes crazed with pain and anger.

Knock knock. Hyun Bin looked up at the sound of the knocks and pinched the bridge of his nose. It's time. Swinging the door open, Hyun Bin was still panting a little in anger as Secretary Kang informed him that his abeoji is here. Knowing he shouldn't deny the inevitable, Hyun Bin stalked past him and down the steps to the common room.

"Abeonim." Hyun Bin greeted, his fists still clenched at this sides. "Son, what is this about you chasing your wife out of this house?" His abeoji said in a warning tone, cutting right to the chase.

"The Han family cannot be trusted. They played us. Their daughter has a twin and that twin took her place for 6 months before they switched." Hyun Bin explained as calmly as he could.