Chapter 25 Photo of My Mind

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A DRILL! MAJOR "TIME-LAPSE" COMING UP! SIT TIGHT BECAUSE THE STORM IS COMING. I SUGGEST STAYING INDOORS UNDER YOUR BLANKETS WITH YOUR TISSUES AND SOMETHING/SOMEONE TO HOLD ONTO TO. GOOD LUCK! LET'S SURVIVE THIS STORM TOGETHER
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song for the chapter: Photo of My Mind by Song Ga In

TTS: 1 Month

Bang! 

Ye Jin and Hyun Bin jumped up from the couch at the sound of the front door banging open. They were snuggled on the couch watching a late-night movie until they heard the loud slam. Exchanging a worried glance, Hyun Bin kept Jinnie behind him protectively as they looked at the entrance of the common room wearily. Ye Jin's heart was beating rapidly in her chest and her hands had gone automatically around her stomach to shield her child as she tried to peek around Bin's tall frame.

"What is the commotion down here?" Halabeoji asked, coming down from the stairs. Neither Ye Jin nor Hyun Bin knew what was going on and both were on high alert for any intruders. No one living in the house would slam the door open like that and they wondered if whoever did that was a friend or foe. Soon, footsteps could be heard, and Hyun Bin tensed up as the footsteps got closer to where they were. Behind him, Ye Jin had reached out to clutch his arm as halabeoji joined them in the common room.

In walked Tae Joo with his head held high as he looked around the room with a smirk on his face. Poor Mdm Ji Hyun was struggling with his huge luggage as she tried to keep up with him.

"Annyeong! Is there no welcome party for me?" Tae Joo asked. "Why will there be a welcome party for you? You aren't welcomed here. We didn't even know you were coming. What are you doing here? Get out of my house!" Hyun Bin said in a dangerously low voice, his eyes cold again as he looked at his pompous cousin.

"Tsk tsk, I feel so much love as usual. Guess what cousin? We'll all be roomies for a month or so! There's a pest situation at my house so uncle has been kind enough to let me stay here for a bit. It'll be like old times!" Tae Joo said as he casually swung himself onto the couch as he laid down and looked up at them.

Everyone was still left stunned by the news and Hyun Bin had his fists clenched again as he glared at his cousin. He was far from happy to have his cousin in the family house again. At one point in time, his abeoji had them living together and studying together to promote some competition between the two. All that competition got to Tae Joo's head and he would cheat his way through most of their tests.

Hyun Bin truly hated his cousin for making him feel so inferior around his abeoji and he remembered getting a few thrashings just because he let Tae Joo beat him. Like his Hyung, Tae Joo would push him around and the two obviously got along together while Hyun Bin was the outcast as usual. He remembered thinking why there wasn't a kind soul in his life to take him away from the family house or to defend him from them. Hyun Bin's jaws clenched at the memories as he narrowed his eyes at Tae Joo.

"Stay at your side of the wing and don't approach us. You're not welcomed here. And get your own luggage. It is not Mdm Ji Hyun's job to serve an ungrateful idiot like you." Hyun Bin said curtly before he dragged Jinnie out of the common room.

Halabeoji and Mdm Ji Hyun followed suit, both unsure how their peaceful lives would be like now that the cousins were back together. The two has never gotten along and they were fearful that this time, Jinnie would get caught in between. Like Hyun Bin, both were ultra-protective over her and Mdm Ji Hyun was especially mindful of her and the baby in her womb. This was a disaster waiting to happen.

Hyun Bin and Ye Jin were now back in their room. The minute the door shut; Hyun Bin made to punch the wall to curb his anger but Ye Jin was quick to stop him. Barely clutching his arm with all the strength she has, Ye Jin pleaded for him to stop.