Chapter 24 A Certain Calmness

TTS: 1 Month, 15 Days

Hyun Bin was in his office, as usual, going through some documents. His brow was furrowed in worry not because of the figures but because of his wife at home. For days, he swore that there was something off about her and she seems more solemn than ever. He missed her eye smiles and carefree laughter, and he has yet to figure out what happened that night he found her in the bathroom.

Ever since that night, his Jinnie changed and he was worried about her well-being. These days, he would often find her with a forlorn expression on her face and he has been trying his best to cheer her up. He very much wanted to ask her what was wrong, but he respected her space and trusts that she would tell him when she's ready. After all, she has never pushed him to talk when he wasn't ready, and he would do the same for her.

Looking at his computer, Hyun Bin's frown deepened when he saw the date. January 11...why does that date look so familiar? There was a niggling feeling in his chest as he thought hard about all the important events. Did he miss something out?

Suddenly, he had a eureka moment as he dug through his drawer and pulled up the envelope which contained the background check he did on his wife. Pulling up the documents, Hyun Bin's eyes widened as he found what he was looking for. There it is, date of birth, 11 January.

He can't believe he never thought to ask Jinnie about her birthday especially when she made his such a memorable one. He was just thankful that the heavens reminded him of today and he was determined to put that smile back on her face with a birthday celebration.

"All right Hyun Bin, you've got this. Use that brain of yours to plan a special day for her. My powerful brain, I know I work you hard on a normal basis, but I need you to work extra hard on this okay? I'm not talking 100%, I'm talking 200 or even 300%. Now, give me an idea." Hyun Bin said to his brain.

If anyone were to walk into CEO Hyun's office now, they would be appalled by their boss's odd behaviour. The man was muttering underneath his breath and commanding his brain to work as he typed away on his computer. It was honestly pretty scary if anything. An hour later, Hyun Bin smiled proudly at what he had planned and called Secretary Kang in.

"Sir?" Secretary Kang greeted when he came in. "What's my schedule like today?" Hyun Bin asked immediately. "You have two meetings, one before lunch and one after and you have a few documents to look through." Secretary Kang listed. "Move everything so that I'll finish all my work by lunchtime. I'll take the documents home if I can't finish them. I need you to make a few calls for me too." Hyun Bin said as he handed Secretary Kang the list he prepared. The list specified everything he needed for his love's birthday celebration.

"I'm on it, Sir. But what's the occasion? Should I block all calls coming in after lunch too?" Secretary Kang asked. "Ne, please do that. It's my wife's birthday. You'll be there, right? My wife adores you too." Hyun Bin asked, a dimpled smile on his face that only appears when he thinks or talks about Jinnie.

"I'll be there, thank you for the invitation, Sir." Secretary Kang said with a bow before he left to make the preparations. Hyun Bin was relieved that everything was going smoothly and quickly got to work so that he could get back to his wife soon.

Meanwhile, Ye Jin just woke up from a long night of rest. These days, she found that she was sleeping in later and by the time she woke, Bin would normally be at work already. Caressing her tummy gently, Ye Jin got up slowly and started preparing for the day.

Thankfully, morning sickness hasn't hit her yet and she thought of it as a blessing in disguise. Her baby must be protecting them too. No matter what happens, Hyun Bin cannot find out about her pregnancy and so far, he was none the wiser about the situation.