Chapter 31 Letters to Hyun Bin (Text-version)

2nd Box letter

Bin...If you're reading this letter, something probably happened to me. There are so many regrets that I have and one of them lies in this box. Mianhae Hyun Bin. I'm really sorry for this. As much as I hope you're living life to the fullest now and that you're happy, I will have to entrust you with a new responsibility. Before you open the box, please look for Mdm Ji Hyun. I'm not trying to send you on a wild goose chase but what she has is very important too. Please do that before you open the box.

Original Farewell Letter

Bin, mianhae. I don't know what else to say but mianhae. I don't even know where to begin. I'm leaving you soon and yet my heart is telling me to stay but I know I can't. I have to protect you. If you're reading this, you probably know about the switch. You probably know that I am not Ji Wan and that I am Son Ye Jin. You're probably feeling betrayed and hurt right now and it hurts me to think that you are hurting because of my actions. I didn't mean for it to get to this point, please believe me. When I first started falling for you, I tried my hardest to stay away. I knew what I was getting into and I didn't want to break your heart. But then, everything happened so fast and I couldn't deny the feelings I had for you any longer. For once in my life I wanted to be selfish and love you. I wanted to let myself love the man that has captured my heart irrevocably and completely. And yet I knew you'd be heartbroken if you ever find out about the lies.

There were so many times I wished I could tell you. All the times you opened up to me and were honest with me made me question why I was hiding my true identity from you. I truly didn't want to lie to you anymore and I was all ready to tell you when my eomeoni threatened to harm you. It's no excuse, I know but I was afraid. I still am...I'm afraid she'll carry out with her threats and I can't risk that. Regardless, I shouldn't have lied to you in the first place. Mianhae.

There's also one thing I hid from you and it's the fact that I am pregnant. You're an appa Bin. When I found out about our baby, I was both elated and distraught. I am happy to have created a beautiful life with you and yet, I know that me leaving would mean our baby might never meet you. Please believe me when I say that I am only telling you this now because I was afraid that harm would come to you and our baby if my eomeoni found out. As much as I am trying to stay strong for our baby, I can't help but feel regretful for not telling you. I'm leaving soon and you won't even know I'm pregnant. I always dreamt that my husband will be there holding my hand when I'm pregnant. That he'll be there to hug me through the mood swings and the morning sickness but I know that is not possible for us. Mianhae for taking your baby away from you and for not telling you sooner or in person.

Bin, don't ever doubt my love for you. Though it didn't start out as such, I did fall for you hard in the end. Even now, I am missing you while I am writing this letter. Our memories will always be something I'll look back on and cherish even if it makes me sad knowing it's all in the past. The 6 months I spent with you was the best period of my life and while I regret how we parted, I don't regret meeting you. Saranghae Bin. You are the only man for me. Please, stay strong and be happy. I hope you will be able to meet our child one day but nevertheless, your happiness is priority to me. Again, I am so sorry for deceiving you and I understand if you can't trust me anymore.

Love, Jinnie

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Apologies if you have to switch between the two chapters! As with all designs, there is always a tradeoff between aesthetics and legibility but thanks for being so understanding! As much as I want to maintain the aesthetics, I don't want it to be at the expense of my readers' pains. For now this is my best solution to this! If you have better ideas, do let me know! Thank you and again have a good weekend everyone! 🤗🤗🤗