Chapter 20 A Taste of Freedom

TTS: 3 Months, 14 Days

Ye Jin was up early the next morning, her eyes tired from the events of their late-night emotional session. Hyun Bin was snoring lightly next to her, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist as though he was afraid she would disappear. 

Even in his sleep, his eyebrows were knitted together, creating a deep crease on his forehead. Seeing him in this state only made Ye Jin's heart ache for him even more and she reached out to run her fingers through his hair gently. At her touch, Bin visibly relaxed and Ye Jin did too as she continued stroking his hair.

The silence got Ye Jin thinking as she thought about what he said last night. It is clear that he loved Ha Na and that her death traumatised him greatly. She wondered if there was anything else she could do to help him get past the trauma. 

Ye Jin knew that the best way to do so would be to get him to completely open up about the incident and get over it and she was relieved that he talked about it last night. That is a good start.

Ye Jin knew that life is unfair, but it would seem it has been especially hard on Bin. First his childhood and then his first love. Anyone would go crazy under those circumstances. 

With her heart heavy from the pain she felt for the man she loves, Ye Jin sighed as she looked at her sleeping Bin. Perhaps they could both use some time away from reality. They have both been working so hard and a break is very much welcomed. 

Ye Jin wasn't sure what his work schedule was like, but she had a feeling they wouldn't be going for any other getaways anytime soon. But, it was possible to spend a night together away from work and life.

"I'll ask him about it when he wakes up." Ye Jin whispered underneath her breath.

Soon, Hyun Bin woke from his sleep and he sat up as he looked around tiredly. His eyes and throat felt sore from all the crying last night and it has been a while since he felt like this.

"Good morning Bin." Ye Jin greeted with a sad smile. 

She was trying to lift the mood but found that she was still too deep in the pain to smile like she normally does. 

Hyun Bin looked at Jinnie and tried to smile as well but his lips refused to cooperate, and it came out more like a grimace. "Good morning." 

Ye Jin reached out to hold his hand in an effort to soothe their souls. No words were needed as the couple simply sought gentle assurances from one another.

"Bin, are you free tonight? Let's do something fun. I think we can both use some time out." Ye Jin suggested lightly. 

Hyun Bin let out a sigh of relief that his wife wouldn't be bringing up Ha Na or his nightmare. "I will be free after work. What do you have in mind?" 

"I haven't thought about it, but I have a whole day to plan our night. I'll see you back here tonight?" 

"Ne, I'll be back tonight."  

With a soft smile, Ye Jin stood up and left to get ready. After a few minutes, Hyun Bin did the same. 

Breakfast was a quiet affair this time round as both didn't feel like talking much. With a hug and a kiss, Hyun Bin left for work while Ye Jin went to tend to her flowers.

Ye Jin was pleased that her flowers were doing well despite being unable to tend to them personally for weeks. She made a mental note to thank Mdm Ji Hyun for taking care of the garden while she was away. Watering them diligently, Ye Jin started listing 10 nice things to the flowers which instantly cheered her up.