chapter one

Here we are. This is the time in our lives that we truly learn what's it's like to be on our own. This is a new chapter, and I plan on making each chapter better than the last. Besides, I want to live my life to the fullest and be able to say "I did that."

"The rooms are still the same as we decided, correct?" I look at Alex and nod.

"Yea, unless we changed our minds and then forgot that we picked different ones," I answer, looking at our house. 'This is going to be an interesting chapter in our lives,' I think.

It's an amazing feeling. We worked for this house. We saved our very own money and bought our very own house with that money we saved. We didn't need our parents for any of it. We did it ourselves.

"Hey N/N, we made it here early, and it appears to be way before the girls would get here. Why don't you go introduce yourself to all the neighbors? I'll be fine unpacking on my own." Alex sends me a warm and tired smile. The box in her hand nearly slips until she catches herself in the act. I'm hesitant, but I agree nonetheless.

I know she's dead serious about this. It's been a month since college ended, and she's been doing things to keep her on her feet. Or, so she says. I know the truth behind it, but I haven't told her that I know yet. She doesn't want to face the reality of someone she actually cares about being gone. When that realization comes, I'll be there to tell her it's not her fault and that she is good enough.

I begin to walk around the block and even meet a few new people. But in the end, I mainly just walked around the area to gain the feel for it. Then I see the girls and smile to myself, running over to greet them.

Aphmau turns to face me, and her face lights up in excitement. I begin to rock back and forth on the balls of my feet then onto my heels and vice versa. I volunteer to help them load boxes into their house and help unpack, and they graciously except.

After setting a box down in a room upstairs, I look out the window to see a moving truck pull up to the house across the street. I get a little giddy feeling inside that makes me question current events, but I push it aside and head outside. I wanted to know who the people were.

When I don't see them right away, I become slightly upset and decide to look for another box to put inside of the girls' house. That's until I feel two fingers jab into each side of my waist.

"Y/N?" I turn around with a goofy grin and wrap my arms around Laurance's neck, tucking my head into his chest. This is why he's been so busy lately. He kisses the top of my head, and I didn't realize I missed the warmth he gave off until now. "You still look beautiful."

"What? Did you think I'd look ugly?"

He chuckles, "No, but I didn't think you'd look this beautiful. I missed you."

"I missed you too." It then becomes clear to me just how awkward it would've been if Laurance would've just squeezed some girl's waist that he didn't know. "Laurance, you should be grateful I was who you thought I had been. If I was some random girl, your pretty little face wouldn't have been so pretty afterwards."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You went into her purse?" I ask Laurance, glaring slightly with my hands forced into fists that lay on my hips in a sassy manner.

He scratches the back of his neck, a nervous tell of his, and gives me a weak smile. "Yeah. . ."

"You're an idiot."

Laurance gives me a cocky grin. "I'm your idiot."

I ignore his comment. It was dumb and kind of annoyed me. He doesn't want to tell Aphmau, and for now I figure I'll just keep his actions as a secret.