chapter four

Two weeks pass, and I think that I've finally adjusted to my new living style and those around me. It's nice knowing that if I ever need someone for any reason at all, my friends and some of my family are around me at all times.

It's around eight-nine o'clock maybe, and Alex and I are sitting in the living room in front of the fireplace. Yeah, we got a fireplace. I don't know why I'm so excited about a fireplace.

Considering it is fall time and chilly out, I am wrapped up in a soft and fluffy blanket and sipping on hot chocolate with a ton of mini marshmallows inside of it. I curl up deeper into my blanket and smile lightly to myself.

The fire crackles and pops in front of my feet as I feel its heat radiate onto my body. I feel calm and content. I'm not doing anything but sitting on the right corner of the couch and watching the fire.

Alex sits on the other corner of the couch, memorizing her lines for her new movie. I'm Fine Without You. Nice title, isn't it? It's the second movie to her first movie that she did in high school. It appears Alex is enjoying her character because she can relate to her.

How? Juliet hates Jake's guts in this movie.

So basically, it's a win win.

I hear her chuckle, "Y/N, hear this line." Half the lines I've heard her say out loud have been pretty funny so far. She clears her throat and begins. "You cheated on me Jake. Cheated on me, and you expect me not to hate you? Oh, I'm sorry. Here, Romeo, Romeo. Where art thou Romeo? I know he's not you, because I can't stand your little two timing guts. Oops, I'm sorry, that slipped out."

I laugh a little bit, "I like that one."

"You like everything I read to you."

I excuse myself from the living room and leave Alex there behind me to memorize her lines and become once again her character.

I can feel a wave of tiredness wash over me, and I find that to be strange simply because of the fact that I haven't been doing much today. I haven't been doing much recently because we're all unpacked and settled in.

After walking up the stairs, I find myself in my cold room. There's an obvious heat difference between the living room and my room. Soon I'll get used to it. But for now, I'll have to freeze while I undress and redress.

As I feel the cold air hit my bare skin, I try to think about the past to distract myself. Things like Garroth and Jeffory having a fight during Prom because Jeffory was "too nice. . ." run through my head.

I awake the next morning freezing cold. It was like the temperature refused to heat up whatsoever and instead drop. It makes sense since it's fall time, but I didn't get much sleep. I kept getting weird dreams and nightmares, I
it's been every night for the past two weeks that I've been getting these dreams. Can you guess what they're about? Laurance.

Some of them are him with somebody else. I've already lived through that once, and I don't want to relive it twice.

Hell, a few of them have been what could, or even would, happen if I wasn't here. I keep dreaming he'll fall for Aphmau. Along with my brothers, Aaron, and a few other people.

Too many people. . .

What's so great about Aphmau anyway? I love the girl, and she can be one of the sweetest people you could ever meet, but she can be highly annoying especially when everything good happens to her at times. Of course, I'd never tell her this. I just don't understand how everyone always falls for her.

But what hurts more is each dream ends with him getting hurt in the long run.

Sometimes it would be in high school, or here, or even some different word. Like the play we did back in high school!

I swear, whatever has happened, or happens in my life, is messing with my dreams.

There was this one dream, where he was a guard. He wasn't the only one, so was Garroth, and Dante. I never saw Katelyn until later in my dreams. She became another guard I think?
Aphmau was lord of Phoenix Drop, while Zane was High Priest of O'Khasis? I've been trying to piece things together. Vylad's barely ever present in my dreams. . .

But Laurance, he was this monster called a Shadow Knight. That's where I think my mind is messing with me, but I kept being told that he was only a premature. Whatever that means though, I honestly have idea.

It's like a flashback to high school with Gene and his stupid friends being a group called Shadow Knights. All they ever did was get into trouble.

But Laurance fell for Aphmau, hard. And yet. . . it seemed Aaron, who was commonly known as The Stranger in my dreams, has a better chance with her. He still refuses to wear shirts. Even in my dreams. . .

Aphmau had children, but they weren't actually from her. Levin and. . . Malachi?

A sharp pain goes through my head, and I know I'm starting to get a huge headache.

Laurance has texted me yesterday asking me if I wanted to go in a date with him today. I didn't understand why he didn't just come and ask me in person, but regardless I said yes.

Therefore, we have a date tonight, and Alex won't be back until tomorrow.

I guess it'll just be myself tonight. Only Irene will know what will happen. And frankly, that can be a scary thing. I don't know what will happen at our date, or even what it'll be like not having someone sleep in the same house at me. This is going to be my first time "living alone," and I don't know if I'm ready for it. I know I am, but it feels like I'm not. However in the end, I'm just overthinking this all.