chapter twenty one

Here I am sitting in a chair stuffing my mouth with cake. Laurance can't yell at me for it because I have a very good reason to.

Today is the day that our amazing wedding arranger has come for a visit. While we try different kinds of cake she brought along for our soon to be wedding cake, she is figuring out whose role is whose in the wedding.

"Who is your Maid of Honor?"

I stick my fork into a piece of German chocolate cake and bring it up to my lips.
"Alex."

I continue to try the different kinds of cakes, and Laurance looks disturbed because of me.

"And your best man?"

Laurance snickeres, "Garroth."

Of course it'd be Garroth.

That's when the smell of smoke travel from the kitchen over to us in the dining room.

Oh Irene. . . Please don't tell me it's whom I think it is. . .

Clementine, our wedding planner, begins to talk again. "Alright, so this time again next week. We have all we need today, and I'll contact you both later to let you know about the des-"

Screams erupt from inside the kitchen.

"AH! VYLAD IT'S BURNING!!

"IT'S NOT BURNING! IT'S ON FIRE!"

"PUT IT OUT! VYLAD, PLEASE!"

I squeeze my eyes shut as Clementine tells Laurance the rest of the information and leaves. It was like she was used to crazy shit like this.

The screams continue, and the next thing I know, all of us are standing outside of the house in the freezing cold.

Vylad puts his head down in shame. "Why did you have to drop it on the floor if it was on fire?"

"I didn't know what to do and was terrified when it was coming at me," Alex begins. "You weren't helping that much either Vylad. . ."

"But was tripping over air as we walked out the door necessary?"

"I CAN'T CONTROL WHEN I FALL!"

I decide to cut this argument short. "Ladies, ladies, calm down and stop blaming each other."

A few minutes later we are allowed back into our house, and I instantly slam my face into a pillow. Clementine then decides to call me and tell me the date and place is confirmed.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It's been a week since our little fire in the house, and I am currently giving the invitations for our wedding to some of the people that live on Mystreet. Laurance decided to take the honor of going to the post office to deliver the invitations to other family and friends.

After hitting the last house, I walk back home to see Laurance having a bloody nose. What?

"Laurance, why is your nose bleeding?"

He holds onto his nose making his voice sound funny.

"Alex punched me."

"YOU SCARED ME!" Alex screams from the kitchen.

Wait, she's in the kitchen. . .

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE KITCHEN?!"

"CERTAINLY NOT MAKING ANOTHER CAKE IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ASKING!"

Vylad's voice echoes from the kitchen, and I instantly wanted to punch both of their faces. Speaking of faces. . .

I turn back to Laurance asking him what happened. So apparently, Alex was in the kitchen scolding Vylad on stealing frosting from the mixing bowl. Then Laurance had the idea of walking behind her and putting his hand on her shoulder. She turned around and punched him in the face, and that's the story of Laurance's bloody nose. I don't understand how her reaction was to punch him in the face.

"Now, was this before or after you gave the invitations to the post office?"

"After."

I look closer at his sweatshirt. "There's blood on your sweatshirt! This is gonna be a hell of a good time getting that out. . ."

He continues to apologize as I go to get him a new sweatshirt. The bleeding of his nose eventually stops, and I try my best to soak his sweatshirt in hot bubbly water. We may just need to get him an entire sweatshirt if I can't get this out.

Oh shit, I'm acting like a mother. Well if I'm going to act like a mother, I have a few ground rules. Number one, no punching each other in the face. Number two, no bloody sweatshirts. Number three, no setting a cake on fire and then basically setting our kitchen on fire. This has all happened today. . .

What has my life come to?

The babies are due on June eighteenth, so hopefully the babies will be born, and I'll be completely fine to do my wedding in the beginning of August.

A list of birthdays is running through my head, and the most current one that has passed is Vylad's, and Alex's is next. However Alex's birthday isn't until March. . . Ugh, I hate remembering this kind of stuff.

I only ever remember when Zane's birthday is becuase I've lived with him long enough to know, and it's also mine. It sucks because of all his damn jokes about him being older than me simply because a few minutes.

Well guess who's single Zane. Guess who is going to start their own family Zane. Guess who needs to rethink her life decisions Zane.

That's when Alex walks over to me with a look on her face telling me she knew she screwed up.

He rubs the back of her neck with an embarrassed expression on her face, "So Y/N. . ."

"Why do you have frosting all over you?"

"I tripped with the bowl of frosting in hand. . . But anyway, that isn't the point here. So, the cake is kind of on fire again, so you and Laurance may need to fix that. . ."

"ALEX!"

"IT'S A JOKE. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!"