chapter twenty

By the time we got home, it's complete chaos. Why is this? The house is in flames. I look over to the left and see Alex beating Garroth with a sick as Zane laughs at his cries . Vylad is reading a book in a tree, and the flames are engulfing our entire house.

Oh Irene.

Ok, I lied. Nothing happened when we got home, but this needed drama.

Anyway, I suppose we better start planning the wedding right away and get the invitations sent out as soon as possible.

But first, I want to go to sleep.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It's been two days since we became engaged, and nobody knows. It's hard to hide it, especially with the ring on my fingers. We want it to be a surprise for a dinner we'll be having tomorrow night here. With said, later we're going to need to get the house cleaned and ready for tomorrow.

"So I called our wedding organizer, and we have a meeting on Friday about where we want the wedding to be at," Laurance tells me as he kisses my forehead.

I'm currently sitting on the couch bored out of my mind. The weather outside is too cold to go anywhere, and I'm pregnant.

"That sounds great. I figured we'd clean the house by ourselves tomorrow and send the other two out to do whatever."

Laurance sighs, "I suppose that's fine. More work for me though."

"Why are you kicking us out to clean?" I look behind me to see Alex and Vylad standing together.

I spoke up, "We were gonna clean the house while you two go out for coffee or something for a date."

Vylad opened his mouth up to say something until Alex cut him off, "We never agreed to that, and I don't drink coffee. Besides, maybe Vylad will just pull a Laurance and get me pregnant after the date."

Laurance sighs, "I'm never going to live this down. . . But we need you out before dinner tomorrow."

Vylad looks confused. "What dinner?"

"The one that's tomorrow night. Now, shut the hell up and leave! The both of you!" I snap out, and they both left.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Cleaning the house is worse than I remember. I called mom yesterday regarding the dinner, and she's excited. I think it's mainly because she gets to see how big my stomach has gotten since the last time she saw me. A lot of people are coming tonight, and thankfully we have a big enough house to host for everyone.

We could've probably had it at one of our parents' house, but it wouldn't be as cool. I don't know. I haven't come up with an excuse yet.

Both families are coming, as well as a few friends. Dante has finally arrived back in town, and he is coming tonight.

This is going to be an amazing night.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Alex's POV

I suck down my bubble tea as Vylad looks at me like I'm crazy. He finally speaks up after a few minutes. "You're going to choke, Alex."

"I'd just be dying from boba," I say, continuing to drink my tea at a fast pace. That's when he takes my bubble tea away, and I glare. He. Took. My. Bubble. Tea. Away. "That's not very nice."

"I'll give it back on two conditions," he says. I look up and slowly nod my head. "one, you slow down so you don't choke. and two, we move in and travel together when the time comes." I smile wide and nod my head. He gives me my bubble tea back. While he did so, he adds in something else. "You love me, real or not real?"

I know exactly where he got that from.

"Real."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Y/N's POV

The time has come for the dinner, and everybody is sitting down and having conversations with each other. They're all getting along with each other and it gives me even more hope of having an amazing family of my own soon.

Laurance looks at me, and I nod my head. He stands up and asks for everyone's attention. The room's volume soon dies down, and Laurance pulls me up from my chair and wraps his arm around my waist.

I smile as everyone looks confused. I placed my hand on my stomach before Laurance begins to talk. "Two days ago I had taken Y/N out on a date with one intention in mind. I wanted to ask her to become my wife." The gasps that occur from around the room only make me smile more. "During that dinner I mustered up all my courage and popped the question."

I blushed lightly. "And I said yes."

Cheers began to fill the room until Laurance makes them die down again. I don't know what he's doing. We didn't plan this at all.

"This is probably a bit late, but Mr. and Mrs. Ro'meave, may I have your daughter's hand in marriage?"

My mother begins to cry as she violently nods her head 'yes'. I watch dad pull her into a hug, and she lays her head on his chest trying to stop the crying.

Das speaks up, "You have our blessings, Laurance. Treat her well."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The dinner finished and we were given many questions up until everyone had to leave.

I'm currently in my room at the moment brushing my hair. Laurance was in the kitchen getting another snack.

And I'm the pregnant one here?

Alex knocks on my door, and I let her in. She stands in the doorway and leans against the doorframe.

"Congrats once again, N/N."

I smile. "Thanks Al. Did your date go well with Vylad?"

"Yeah, it did. It was nice." I nod my head in acknowledgement. "So, you're marrying my brother, eh? Good luck with that dingus."

I chuckle, "Thanks Alex, it always helps knowing we have your blessing. Besides, I'll need all the help I can get anyway."

She laughs before wishing me goodnight and begins to walk away.

Laurance walks back into the room with a piece of toast in his mouth. "What'd I miss?"

I giggle as he flicks the crumbs off of his chin. "Oh nothing. Nothing at all."