chapter twenty five

The house is currently completely empty, and I'm taking advantage to this. I can finally read a book without anybody disrupting me from doing so. The crackling fire warms my toes, and the candy cane I stole from the tree sticks out of my mouth. I'm at peace, no stress, nothing.

I haven't gotten a wedding dress yet, but then again I would have to quickly get one after the twins are born if this is the case. I didn't think of how close the twins due date and the wedding were together. I better hope I'm lucky.

Soon enough the times slips away as I'm drifted into a land of fantasy and romance. The only reason I knew the time had gotten away from was when Laurance gently takes the book out of my hands and gives me a bag.

"There you go babe," he says, smiling kindly at me. His smile scares me for a moment and then he continues to speak. "Go make sure it fits. The party is in two hours."

I nod my head slowly and go to try on the dress. Oddly enough, this isn't too bad. It doesn't show too much and it's
F/C. It does show the baby bump I have, so that's adorable. I'm able to wear a pair of leggings underneath if I really wanted to. Maybe I should have more confidence in Laurance from now on when it comes to clothes. Nah. . .

By the time I go back downstairs to show how I look in the dress to Laurance, he's waiting for me.

"You look beautiful, but you're already ready to go?"

"No, I just wanted to show you the dress."

He nods his head and walks over to me. We decided to get ready with the little bit of time we have left. Of course I was already dressed, but I had a few other things I had to do.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The party is complete chaos. From a guy dancing on top of Aphmau's dining room table, to Michi making out with Reese. It's insane.

Some of the people here, as in some girls, don't care what they show off as long as they show it off in the most skimpiest way. It's disgusting and can be taken as downgrading in a way if you're one of those kinds of people.

The living room is becoming hot, and everybody ditched me. Laurance went to get food. Alex and Cadenza are somewhere, and Vylad went to get some sweets.

I decide to walk up the stairs where the air is already beginning to cool. Aphmau's door is wide open, and I look inside to see Dante playing around with Celestia.

I sit down next to them and gently scratch behind her ears. Dante and I have a bit of a chitchat as we watch over the dog. I'm calmer now that I'm away from the mess downstairs

Soon I end up deciding that I should find one of the others and bid Dante goodbye. I Go down the stairs and turn left to the dinning room. I bumped into Alex, and we both laughed.

"So how's the party?" Her eyes sparkles, and it seems that she's enjoying herself.

"Chaos," I notice Katelyn point up which confused me. That's until I look up. I began to mumble curses under my breath, and Alex look up as well. "I'll pay you ten dolloars to pretend this never happened."

She smirks. "What never happened?" Alex looks around for an excuse to leave. She looks at me and winks. "Hm? Oh, coming Vylad!"

She leaves and I walk over to Katelyn and Nicole. "You two never saw that."

Katelyn smirks lightly. "I don't know, I saw the both of you-"

"I'll pay you five dollars each."

Nicole chimes in. "Ten each. That's how much you told Alex. No downgrading us."

"Deal."

Great, now I'm short thirty bucks. . . unless Alex is fine not having me pay her.

I begin to walk around the house until Laurance takes my hand and takes me over by the mistletoe.

"You wanna talk to me now?" I ask him, and he only smirks.

"Why wouldn't I?" I glare at him. "You look beautiful."

"You bought this dress," I add.

He sighs, "Shut up and let me kiss you. Or else all my hard work has died."

I laugh, "Walking me to the mistletoe is a bunch of hard work my ass."

"Well, your ass does look hot in that-"

"Stop talking about my ass and just kiss me already!"

The last thing I see is Laurance's well known smirk. Then my eyes flutter shut when I feel his lips on mine.

I snake my arms around his neck, and he sneaks his around my waist.

He gave me puppy dog eyes for another, and I simply shove a cookie in his mouth that was on the table unattended.

"How did you have a cookie with you? Did you stick it in your bra or something?"

I slap his face. "No! I'm not Cat from Victorious! I found it on the table."

He spits the cookie out and walks away.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I'm now casually sitting in one of the dinning room chairs talking to Alex, Cadenza, Katelyn, and Nicole. The converstation had been going great until I heard a bunch of noise and looked over to see Garroth, Dante, and Laurance in a pile on the ground. The best part was that they were all under the mistletoe. The girls catch sight of this and begin to tease them.

I began to laugh, "What a darn shame, my lover is cheating on me with two other guys!"

Alex smirks. "I told him awhile ago he wanted to make out with Garroth's hand," She raises her voice to the boys. "Pucker up big brother!"

I ended up falling off the chair from laughing so hard.