chapter twenty nine

Alex's POV

As those words escapes Vylad's mouth, I know that this isn't going to turn out right. What is he supposed to say? 'Oh mom, thanks for lying to me for all these years. I finally figured out who my real dad is.' Or 'is Vincent Murphy really my father?'

I glance over at Vylad and instantly become scared for my own health. He could get us into a car accident with his driving being so reckless. . .

Vylad's POV

I've probably broken three laws already by just driving, but I need this cleared up.

Things I could say are dancing through my brain, and I know I should focus more on driving, but it's kind of hard to do so.

I pull over on the side of the road and turn of the car. Alex looks over at me confused. "Babe?"

"I need you to drive."

She nods understandingly and we trade places. She kisses my cheek before begining to drive and tells me everything will be alright.

I decide to turn on the radio as a way to distract myself from thinking too hard. I've done this before, and it always ends up with me getting a headache.

Ed Sheeran's song Thinking Out Loud is playing, and I listen as Alex begins to hum softly along with it. This song is kind of old, so I find it funny they still play it on Today's Hits.

I don't know why, but Ed Sheeran songs make everything better.

"You know, this song reminds me of you," I blurt out without realizing. I only know I said it because she begins to comment on it.

"Really? How so?"

"Because I think about my future, and you're always in it. I question so many things about it, but I know I'll always love you."

"V, that's so sweet. But I don't know how you do it. You put up with me even though I act like a damn child and still continue to love me," There is a moment of silence. "And I love you too. . . even if you put mud in my hair as a child."

"I thought that was what girls liked!"

"Flowers. Stick to flowers, and you're safe."

"What if they're allergic to flowers?"

"Chocolate."

"What if-"

"Shut up Vylad."

After that conversation, the song begins to end and another song comes on. I change the station because the song that is on wasn't helping with the self conflict I am having.

Y/N's POV

"Laurance, you are no help," I say as I poke his stomach. He gave up on figuring out our children's names and is laying down on the couch. So, before I could even write down some of the names we really liked on a separate piece of paper, he erased everything on the white boards and here we are. "Get up." He rolls over onto his side and makes sure not to face me. This child, I swear. "Seriously Laurance, get up. I'm hungry."

"Go make food. . ." He mumbles. I could tell he is sleepy or he was just pretending. I have no idea.

"I can't, I have to deal with your lazy ass. Besides, if you don't feed me your children could die of starvation, along with me."

He sticks his hand up in the air and waves it around lazily. "I can live with that. . ."

"Laurance!" I grab the blanket he iss lying on top of and rip it out from under him. He ends up falling onto the floor and grips onto his head.