chapter fifteen

I wake in the middle of the night. Nothing but the duo of the stars and the moon's light shining through the curtains.

My stomach growls quietly, and I instantly know I'm hungry.

I sneak out of the bed, escaping Laurance's grasp on my waist. My stomach is slowly growing bigger, and I smile at the thought of having my own children some time in the future. Mom keeps calling me nonstop about the baby details, and about how the babies and I are doing.

I quietly walk down the stairs and see a silhouette curled up in a ball on the couch.

I quicken my pace and sit next to the silhouette. The result I figure out is that the silhouette belongs to the one, the only, Alexandra Zvahl.

I place my hand on her shoulder, and she flinches at the touch. "Hey, hey. . . It's only me," I tell her, trying to sound as gentle as I possible can be. She looks at me with tear stained eyes. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I had a nightmare. . . It's no big deal though. Why are you down here?"

I shake my head. "I'm hungry and pregnant. But Alex, what kind of nightmare did you have?"

She hesitates before sighing, "I. . . I dreamt I lost Vylad. I woke up crying and turned to see Vylad was peacefully asleep. I took a few minutes just to watch him to make sure he was alright. And when I heard him breathing, I was relieved. I moved a few strands of hair out of his face and came down here."

"How long have you been down here?"

"About half an hour. . ."

"You need to go to bed."

"You don't think I know that?" Her outburst makes jump a little. "I'm sorry, but it's just. . . scary. The thought of losing someone you love. Have you had any nightmares lately?"

There he is, Laurance. My Laurance, tied up to a chair as duck tape is placed over his mouth until he finally licks it off.

The ghost man comes closer to Laurance, ready to kill at any moment.

"LAURANCE!" I cried out and I lunge my body towards him. I'm desperate to get close to him in order to stop what is happening.

"Y/N, I-I LOVE YOU!"

I cry his name out once more before I the knife plunges into his chest. And within moments, his eyes go dull and lose their light. He stops screaming in pain. And at that moment, I know he's dead.

I lost my lover and the father to my children. I lost him. I lost Laurance.

I squeeze my eyes tight shut and slowly nod my head. "Yeah, I have. . . Let's get you to sleep."

I start to walk her upstairs to her room before she turns to be. "What about you be in hungry?"

"I'll be fine."

Later that day, I find myself putting a jack-o-lantern in front of the house.

"Isn't that scary?" I ask, giggling as I point to the 'scary' jack-o-lantern. Laurance was with me at them time and chuckles behind me. He tells me it's more cute than scary. "Then tell me what is scarier."

"Hey."

I scream from the new voice entering our conversation. I turn around to see Zane. Laurance's eyes were wide as he had his hand over his chest.

"Hey Laurance, do you know where my-oh hey Zane!" Alex says, cutting her self off when she sees Zane after walking outside to us.

"Talk about scary, she's here as well."

"Ouch?" She looked confused and walked back inside. Wait, wasn't she gonna ask a question? "Vylad! Do you know where my necklace is?"

Zane laughs and looks towards the door. "She loses everything."

It takes me a few minutes to get the wanting to punch him feeling to go away. "Why are you here anyway if you weren't going to be an ass right away?"

"I just wanted to warn you that Garroth is stopping by your house later." I become confused. unsure as of why my brother stopping for a visit could be back. "Because he's extra door happy today," Zane walked away laughing.

"Wait, what? No! Zane, save me!"

He continues to cackle.

Time passes and Garroth hasn't stop by yet. We boarded up all the doors and hoped for the best. Nobody can leave, and more importantly nobody can come in. But then again, this is Garroth we're talking about here.

For all we know, Zane would've lied to us about him stopping by. But if Zane isn't lying, the doors are locked and boarded, and I have a bat ready to beat him with. You know, for breaking down my doors!

Laurance walks into the room and sits next to me on the couch. "Babe, I think you're fine. Put the bat down."

"But what if he comes in and breaks our door down?"

He drapes his arm around my shoulders as he kisses my nose. I go crossed eyed because of it.

"Then I'll kick a soccer ball at him."

I chuckle, "Oh, you mean the one that was always in the middle of your room in high school?"

"It wasn't my fault! It did it itself."

I cock an eyebrow. "So the soccer ball grew a pair of legs and walked to the middle of your room? Or better yet, rolled there on its own?"

"This isn't funny," Laurance pouts.

I kissed his forehead, "I'm just joking you little baby."

We playfully bicker for a few minutes until I feel him press his lips against mine gently. His hand is resting against my cheek, and I lean into his touch more, my hand going over his to hold it in place.

The kiss is alright until I hear the sound of the door knob moving and a large bang. I look over with Laurance to see Garroth.

"Hi!" Laurance glares at him and pulls his hand away, rolling his eyes as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Laurance! Keep your filthy hands off my baby sister!"

Laurance shot up onto his feet, and grabbed onto the bat. "Garroth, I'll kick your ass!"

"Meep! Laurance please don't! You love me too much to do that, right?"

Garroth's pleads meant nothing to Laurance.

The next thing you know, Garroth is being chased around every inch of the inside of our house while I'm laughing. Alex is yelling at them, and Vylad is trying to calm her down.

"Garroth, I'll kick your ass!"

"Not you too!"

Awe, like brother like sister.