chapter twenty two

Some days I think I'm just plain out stupid. I just realized that the wedding is in less than a year, and the babies will be due before then. That only adds onto the costs for things. . . Laurance and I are certainly greatful for having parents that are willing to help pay.

I'm in the kitchen trying to find a snack, but I am having no luck. It turns out we need to go shopping again.

Once I finally find a snack and begin to eat it on the couch, the door slames open and incomes Alex and Vylad.

"What's the matter?" I ask, alarmed from the sight of Vylad's beat up face. I put the snack down and walk over to him, holding his face in my hands gently and look at the cuts and bruises.

"Victor's an ass," Alex hisses out and instantly goes to the bathroom for supplies. Thankfully we restocked on everything because Alex is accident prone, and the reindeer incident worried Laurance.

I sit Vylad on the couch and make him take off his scarf. That's when I decide to talk. "What the hell happened?"

"Victor wouldn't leave Alex alone, and I got kind of angry. Victor saw this and continue until Alex kissed my cheek. The next thing I know, he punched my eye."

"Then what?"

"A fight broke out and then Victor is soon lying on the floor knocked out."

I winced at Vylad's words, and Alex walks into the room with supplies.

She gets down onto her knees and begins to wash his face off. I end up walking off to their room to go grab him a clean pair of clothes. Out of all the people that this could of happened to, it was Vylad. I shake my head and continue to walk up the stairs to their room. I go into their closest to find like, eighty scarfs. Holy shit. . .

I grab onto the first green scarf I see and then make sure it was a male scarf. The two have their scarfs together in one section.

I find the rest of the outfit for him and make my way back down the stairs. Vylad winces as hydrogen peroxide is placed onto his cuts. I don't understand how his cuts got this deep.

"Vylad, I know it hurts, but this is needed. Y/N, I think we're just about out of hydrogen peroxide."

I nod my head and begin to look for Laurance throughout the whole house. It appears we didn't restock all the way like I thought. He wasn't in the basement, our room, either bathroom, or anywhere else in the house. My next guess is that he's outside.

I come back downstairs to tell Alex that Laurance must be outside. Vylad goes to go get changed, and I tell Alex to also tell Laurance that we need to go shopping later. She walks out, and I begin to clean up the mess they made.

Alex's POV

I walk outside after being told Laurance would be there. "Hey Laurance, Y/N wants you-" I stop mid-sentence after seeing the sight in front of me.

Laurance was pinning Victor to the wall.

"What are you doing?" I run over by my brother to see him glaring daggers at Victor. "Laurance, what's happening?"

"He deserves it," Laurance spits out.

I run inside to get Y/N.

Y/N's POV

I run outside to find what Alex told me was true. I watch as Laurance throws a punch at Victor's face, and they both end up on the ground beating each other up.

I quickly make my way over to them both and try to stop the fight. The fight stops after I kick Victor in the face and pull Laurance up.

I look around and see people look at us from their windows. I can see the rest of our friends running down the street to us.

Victor stands up as blood trails down his face. Once this happens, I can see from the corner of my eye Alex and Vylad walking out of the house.

Alex gasps, "What happened? Are you okay?"

Victor smiles smugly at Laurance and turns to face her again. "Yeah doll, I'm just fin-"

Alex runs over to Laurance and gives him a hug. I begin to chuckle at Victor's embarrassment and stupidity. He just beat up her boyfriend and brother and assumes she's worried over him.

The others finally make it over, and they walk to us with Vylad.

Vylad glares at Victor. "Get your fucking face out of my sight."

Holy shit, the innocent cinnamon roll swore!

Everybody goes inside, and I begin to take care of Laurance. Aphmau had to run to her house quickly in order to grab her hydrogen peroxide for us to use. Once she came back, I make an agreement with Laurance. I could put the hydrogen peroxide on his face if I kissed him each time I did so.

I pour a little onto his cut, and he begin to hiss in pain. "Shit Y/N, that hurts!" I apologize and peck his lips gently.

Once I finish, I place my left hand on top of his right hand. "This truly is a beautiful ring. . ." I mumbles.

He places his left hand on top of my left hand, admiring my ring. "The owner is even more beautiful."

I look at our hands and then to him and see both my ring shine and sparkle in the light. Then I look into his eyes and smiles.

He softly places his lips onto mine, and I smile into the kiss. The kiss itself is simple, but it shows just how much we really care and love for each other.

We break the kiss and place both our foreheads against each others. "Damn I love you so much," Laurance breathes out.

"I love you so much more."