chapter twenty four

I wake up to the smell of peppermint filling the room. I look around furrowing my eyebrows confused on why I am smelling this delectable smell that decides to flood through my nose. It's not too overpowering where it's disgusting and too much. That's until my eyes land on a candle across the room. Laurance must of put that there.

I slip my body out of the bed and walk down the stairs to the kitchen. There on the table sits a plate of waffles with the sides I like next to the plate. It's either my birthday or somebody is sucking up to me for something.

Laurance walks inside of the house with the mail, and I can see a red piece of paper with white decorating it.

I take a bite out of my waffles and watch him silently until he finally realizes that I'm here.

He looks up at me and smiles, the little pieces of hair that tend to be in his face falling into his eyes. This simple thing with his hair makes the butterflies flutter around in my stomach and one word pop into my mind. Hot. As in, he is hot as all hell. Laurance walks over and kisses my cheek and tells me good morning.

He hands me the piece of paper only for it to turn out to be an invitation.

I begin to read it out loud. By this time Alex and Vylad are downstairs, and Alex begins to walk around like a zombie. Something in my mind tells me Vylad woke her up too early for her liking.

You Are Invited to a Christmas Party!

5th, Tuesday December 2017

You are invited to attend a party Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan and I are hosting at our place!

It's a special party that is more of a house warming party. But since it's in season, we're doubling it as a pre-holiday party! No gifts are required to come - feel free to bring a plus one!

67 MyStreet

"It's addressed to all of us," I add on after I finish reading. "The party is tomorrow."

Laurance smiled. "Good to know she isn't forgetting about us."

I chuckle, "Who could forget about any of us? I'm pretty sure we have left our mark on the world many tines for many reasons." I turn back to my waffles and begin to continue to eat them. That's when something pop into my head. "So, who's kissing up to me?"

All the murmurs in the room go dead silent.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I begin to fold Laurance's clothes and put them away since the laundry is finished.

It turns out they broke a vase. I didn't know we owned a vase to be completely honest, but it's whatever. I took the broken vase to my advantage and got something from each of them. So that's pretty cool I guess.

Halfway through folding his clothes I hear a knock on the door and in comes Alex. She's holding a red mug in her hands.

"Yo," she says and hands me the mug. "I'll finish putting away his clothes, you go downstairs by everyone else and drink your hot chocolate. I know how much you've been wanting it lately. There's peppermint and all that downstairs in the kitchen."

She's been listening I see. . .

I walk to the door. "Wouldn't you rather drink hot choclate instead of doing Laurance's laundry? Wait, why are you doing Laurance's laundry to begin with?"

"You do too much. I wouldn't want anything to happen to the babies."

I nod my head and walk downstairs into the kitchen. I place what I wanted into my hot chocolate and sit next to my brother and my fiancé.

Laurance slips his arms around my shoulder and pulls me closer to his chest. The sound of the crackling fire makes me smile as it soothes me into a calm state.

Vylad began to speak, "So I was reading about women pregnancies-"

I cut him off, "Why are you reading about women's pregnancies?"

"Because I wanted to learn a little more around it," Vylad continues after he gets a weird look from both Laurance and I. "So, it turns out that the baby can die if the mother is under too much stress."

Laurance kisses my forehead. "Looks like my little baby can't get stressed out then."

I stare at him in disbelief. "Are you talking about me or your children?"

"You at the current moment babe."

"Oh. . ." I stare down at my cup in hand and see that the marshmallows shrunk a little bit because of the heat they were put in.

Another random thought pops into my head, "So Vylad, what's been going on between you and Alex?"

He pretends to faint. That's strange.

Alex walks downstairs. "I finished the laundry-why is Vylad sleeping?"

I look at her with a face that says 'that the hell do you two do at night to make him do this?,' and tell her what I asked him, "I simply asked him what was happening between you two and he did that. Are you guys doing something we should leave the house for, or. . . ?"

"No! I don't know why he fainted. We haven't done anything like you two have."

Laurance smirks. "Vylad's reaction says otherwise. Do you want us to leave for the night next time you two go out on a date?"

"No!" Alex hisses at Laurance. "Unlike you, Vylad wouldn't get me pregnant the one day we have a date, and the one day that everybody else is out of the house for the night."

Nothing is said after that, and I sink into the couch once again.

She's still onto us.