chapter thirteen

"Je t'aime, Vylad."

"Je t'aime aussi, Alex."

For the past ten minutes they've been talking about the trip they want to take to Paris. With said, they've been talking in French for the past ten minutes. It's really annoying.

"Je t'aime de tout mon cœur, Vylad. Plus que vous ne le saurez jamais."

"C'est impossible, car je t'aime encore plus."

Laurance looks at me and pretends to gag. "Puke dans ma bouche."

"You know what they're saying?"

"Sadly, I do."

I cuddle up to Laurance and start to tune them out. I've been wanting caramel apples, and nobody will go out and buy me any.

Today is the day we decorate the house with Halloween decorations. Halloween will be soon, and it's an exciting time of year.

I've been trying to be lazy, but they're not allowing me to do so. I guess being in the beginning of pregnancy it's good for the mother-to-be to get exercise. I don't care if that's right. I don't want to do it. Plain, and simple.

Laurance looks at me once more once he realizes that the two love birds have stopped talking in french. "You ready to decorate the house?" I frown. "We'll buy you caramel apples afterwards."

I then get up and head to the Halloween boxes. From the box, I grab some cobwebs and start to place them through out the house. Decorations isn't that bad once I start doing it. It's just getting the motivation to get up is the hard part.

My hormones lately have been going crazy. I've been more emotional when it comes to things, and my mind changes often.

Looking at all the decorations makes me remember times from past Halloween's. I remember when I was little, Garroth was a mummy and so was Laurance. Dante was a cardboard box. H was an interesting child. He kept calling mummies lame and say that cardboard boxes were where they were at. Not to mention he'd run around yelling "I'm a cardboard box. Vroom, vroom."

We were dressed up in normal Halloween costumes and then there's Dante.

Alex walks up to me and smiles softly. "I'm going to do some baking later. Do you want to join me?"

I think for a moment but then smile. "Alright. I have a few ideas."

She nods her head and turns in the direction of Laurance. He was trying to get her attention.

I take that as my leave and walk away to grab a few more spiders to put on the spider webs.

After we finish our decorating and went to the store to get a few things, Alex began to prep for what she would bake. It's Laurance's night to cook dinner, but it's still early in the day.

While we were at the store, I couldn't help but go down the baby isle. It's hard to believe that in a few more months, we're going to have our own babies.

Laurance and I came to a conclusion for the nursery. For now this house will be good. If we need to move, we will. But for now it's alright. Besides, Alex said she'll move out with time.

We've decided that the spare room we have will become the nursery. Vylad has been staying with Alex in her room, so the guest room has been open.

I can't help myself but to walk up to the guest room. I slowly walk around and turn my body around and picture where everything would be. I can just hear the giggling of the twins.

I close my eyes and imagine standing next to one of the twins' cribs, and I would be holding onto one of them, rocking them gently. Laurance would be standing next to me, holding onto the other twin.

I would then look over my shoulder and smile at him as he stares at the baby with loving eyes. He'd steal a glance at me and notice I'm staring and smile.

Once the babies are fully asleep, we'd place them in their cribs, tuck them in, and kiss each of their foreheads goodnight.

I open my eyes to see the spare bedroom. I feel a bit of disappointment within me. Sometimes dreams aren't reality. But this dream will be.

I'll watch my babies grow up, and Laurance will be by my side.

Looking down at my stomach, I place my hand against it.

I hear footsteps come to the door and look over to see Laurance.

He's holding two cups in his hands, "Vylad told me you were in here. I decided to bring you something to drink. Alex is about ready to bake."

He walks over and hands me a cup of hot apple cider. "Vylad made it a few minutes ago."

I sip slowly on my cider, and he stands next to me. "It's hard to believe we're going to be parents," I tell him.

"It's going to be hard to adjust right away, but we'll do it, together. Besides, our friends and family will be willing to help us when we need it." Laurance looks up at me and holds me in his arms after placing our glasses on the nightstand nearby. "I love you so much, Y/N."

"I love you too, Laurance."