chapter thirty four

Up above us the original chapter art!

I'm standing in front of the full length mirror, and in front of me shows a young woman in a white wedding dress.

I can't recognize her, but I know she's me. This person looks unafraid and stunningly beautiful.

From the dress to the long vail that goes past my feet into my train, all I see is beauty and happiness.

Cadenza begins to fret. "Don't mess up your hair!" I watch in the mirror as she moves a simple curl and fixes the blue flower.

Cadenza wanted to do my hair. And after listening to me for several minutes telling her I don't want it fancy, she decided to make it simple. She curled my hair into loose curls and pinned a flower by my ear. Simple but elegant, I like it.

Somebody knocks on my door, and my mom comes in with the newest update on the time. "You have five more minutes, N/N," she begins to say as she makes her way over to me. "You look beautiful, but you're missing something."

I tilt my head slightly to the side due to confusion. "What could it be?"

"Close your eyes." I close my eyes, and I can feel her place something cold around my neck. "Alright, open your eyes now."

I place my hand around my neck and look down to see a pearl necklace. "Mom, I can't. . ."

"Of course you do, gurl! I wore them on my wedding day, you know. My mother put them on me and now I can finally do this for you. Now you have something borrowed, something new, and something blue."

I give her a hug, and I feel her hug me tighter than normal. "You know," she starts. "Every mother dreams of the day her daughter gets married, and I can finally live that dream too." I hear her sniffle, and I can tell she wants to cry. "Oh no, no tears me. . . I won't cry. Come on yo, let's go get you there before I cry. . ."

I walk through the halls and out of the building to the beach. That's when a bunch of memories pop through my mind.

"Cadenza, that's too much make up!" Alex exclaimed as she tried to take the lip gloss out of Cadenza's hand. I giggled as I watched the two.

"It's only lip gloss Alex, besides Y/N needs to look pretty for her wedding."

"But it's only pretend! And it's Laurance!" I listened as Alex emphasized the word 'pretend.'

I stood dressed in my favorite white dress, and my hair falling half way down my back. No body can figure out how to do my hair, so we left I down. I am only five.

The lip gloss Cadenza put on me tasted like strawberries and was pink with glitter.

After Cadenza and Alex stopped fighting, they finally let us continue and let me walk across my room as stuffed animals were on each side if me.

I looked at Laurance to see him fumbling with his unmade tie and stood in a pair of jeans and his favorite green shirt. We borrowed the tie from daddy, but nobody can tie it.

I reach Laurance, and he gives up tying his tie and lets it fall onto his shirt.

We don't know what weddings do, so we make it up on the way and do the things we knew.

Cadenza said weird things because of all the movies she watches, and Alex shifts from side to side in my little heels. They were too big for her.