chapter twenty six

Tears.

The sound of crying.

Red eyes.

Tear stained cheeks.

Sadness.

And pain.

They didn't ask for it to happen. It just did. They didn't ask to know the whole truth. They were just told. They didn't ask to feel this way. The emotions just took over.

Heartbreak.

The truth hurts.

I sit on the couch watching them both cry. I don't know what to do. I've never been that good at handling things like this.

It's hard to believe that they finally learned the full truth only a few hours ago.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Alex hangs from the couch holding onto her stomach as I giggle. It's breakfast time, and we are lucky enough to get her to wake up at a decent time. Vylad sits next to her holding onto her waist so she doesn't face plant into the floor. But how funny would that be?

"Laurlaur, I'm hungryyyyyyyyyyy!"

Laurance begins to complain from the kitchen. "You couldn't have waken her up after breakfast was finished?"

I simply laugh, "Al, why don't you get dressed? Breakfast will be done by the time you're done."

She chirps out an "okay" and goes upstairs. Vylad makes his exit to grab the mail and I walk behind Laurance and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Good morning beautiful," I comment, making him weirded out.

"Love, that's really weird. . ."

"It felt weird saying it. How's breakfast going?"

"Boring."

I sit on the counter next to him and steal his spatula. I make him walk over to me to grab it. I lift it above me head as he places his hands on his hips.

"Babe, give it back."

I smirked. "You'll have to make a trade with me. A kiss for the spatula."

He smirks at me and pecks my lips. I frown at him and he begins to kiss me once more. It's not much of a kiss, just a little longer than the peck, but it lets me distract him.

I smirk lightly and slowly lower the spatula towards him. "The bacon's burning."

"Oh shit!" He rips his head away from mine and steals the spatula away to try to save the bacon. "Why'd you have to do that babe?"

"Because I loveeeeeeeee you~!"

He only chuckles, "I'm in love with a child."

I place my hands on my hips all sassy like. "You better. You are going to have twins!"

He continues to chuckle.

"So, care to tell me what your nightmare was last night?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "I was having little flashbacks about my parents death."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

After we finish off breakfast, and the burnt bacon may I add, we decide just to chill in the living room. Tonight was the night we wanted to go out since we haven't doing that in a while. Besides, I'm getting sick of Laurance's cooking and everybody else is too lazy to cook a meal.

Maybe we should have a sheet saying when a certain person is cooking for what meal. It may make life a whole lot easier, or maybe it won't, who knows?

Suddenly there's a knock on the door, and Alex goes to get it after getting up from lying down on Vylad's lap.

Laurance looks down at me as I lift my head off his shoulder. "Were you expecting someone
Y/N?" I shake my head no. I honestly don't know who it could be.

"Daddy?" Hayden walks into the house, and Alex shuts the door after him. "What are you doing here?"

"You make it sound like that's a problem princess."

She shakes her head no. "It's never a problem, just shocking is all. What's up? Where's mom?"

Hayden sits in the love seat next to the couch and fiddles with his thumbs. It seems like something is on his mind, but now I see where Laurance gets it from. When Laurance is nervous, he either fiddles with his thumbs or rubs the back of his neck. The same with Alex. She fiddles with her thumbs or the jewelry she's wearing.

"Your mother decided I should come alone. She sends her love however. Anyway, I have some depressing matters to share with my children," He announces, never making eye contact with any of us.

The couch makes noises and moves as she shift into proper sitting positions.

I decide to speak up, "Would you like Vylad and I to leave?"

"It's up to Laurance and Alex."

The both of them said the same thing, that they didn't care if we stayed or not.

Hayden takes a deep breath. "Kids, it's about time I told you want happened to your biological parents. It's time I told you how they died."

Laurance clears his throat. "But we already know. They were in a car accudent."

"That's true, yes, but not the full truth. Children, you know I love you with all my heart, and I understand mif you'll hate me after I'm done telling you this." Before any of us could say anything, he continues. I feel Laurance squeeze my hand and see Alex begin to mess with her necklace. "I've known what truly happened to your parents for a while now, I just haven't had to guts to tell you. I've told myself that you weren't ready, but all along I was the one who wasn't ready."

His grip upon my hand becomes even tighter. I ignore the pain it sends me and continue to listen to Hayden.

"Children, your parents did die from a car accident due to a drunk driver. You both were in the car when it happened. Your mother was sick. Your father couldn't find a baby sister in a quick amount of time and decided to bring you both along as he took her to the hospital."

For now this part of the story isn't too bad, but I can feel my stomach drop down to my feet. I know this is only getting into it.

"Your parents were at the spot sign, waiting for it to turn green. and Once it did, not even a second later a drunk driver drove through the red light and hit your parents dead on. You both were lucky enough to get by with little to no injures, but your parents on the other hand weren't so lucky. They died in the hospital the same night. The drunk driver died during the accident."

Laurance looks up, and his eyes looked dull. "I remember some things happening. I remember watching the car speed through the stop light and that I was three. I remembering asking the doctor what was wrong with my parents as they laid on the hospital bed and their entire body's were covered in a sheet. Alex was being held by a nurse, and I held onto the doctors hand. I remember the dreadful news. Ever since that day I've asked why this would happen. . ." His voice begins to crack through most of his sentences. I hold him to my chest as he continued to cry. I still don't know what to do, so I copy off of Vylad. I begin to rub small circles into his back.

Alex looks up, her arms tightly around Vylad. "I-Is that it?" She asks, stuttering.

Hayden sighs and shakes his head. "Both of their last wishes were for them to tell you both that they loved you with all their heart and that they'll always be with you both. I learned all this soon after I adopted you three."

Such depressing news on a beautiful day. The day started out great, and now it has taken a complete turn into a different direction.

"I better be going. Your mother is probably worried sick. I love you both. . . Call me if you need anything."

Hayden leave, and it's up to Vylad and myself to make then feel better.

But how?