chapter fourteen

I've never been one to be afraid when it came to haunted houses, but the butterflies in my stomach somehow have managed to show up.

It's only a few minutes before Aphmau and the rest show up to our house, and somebody refuses to leave the house. This person claims that this isn't a good idea, and that they hate haunted houses.

For me, I'm not the biggest fan of haunted houses, but I can handle them. They're not that bad, but you would need to find a good one for me to be scared.

Aphmau thought it would be an amazing idea to go to a haunted house in order to bond with one another.

I walk over to Laurance. "Which haunted house are we going to?"

"I think O'Khasis' haunted house. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what Aphmau said."

I was confused as of why we would go to O'Khasis' haunted house. I understand that they have a larger area for things like this, but there's closer areas to here.

It turns out that Katelyn has been to a bunch of haunted houses in the past and O'Khasis has one of the best ones to go to.

I nod my head at his words and look at the scene in front of us. I've heard several 'you can just hide your face in your hands if you get scared,' or 'Alex, that's my scarf, give it back.'

I've been thinking about the babies, and what could happen. Well, good things of course, mainly planning.

If we paint the nursery, which the house needs to be painted anyway, we would need to do a gender mutual theme.

We would need a rocking chair, and a few teddy bears. Don't ask why on the teddy bear thing, to me every child needs a teddy bear sometime in their life.

My baby bump is growing larger, and I've been eating a lot more recently. All good signs I believe.

However, I do feel bad for whoever is in the house at the time. They have to drive across Phoenix Drop for what I want to eat. I mainly target Laurance.

I suppose making them drive into Phoenix Drop to buy fresh apple pie and a thing of vanilla ice cream isn't their favorite thing to do. Especially since I don't share.

The lovely couple decides to finally walk over to us.

"I'm still not the biggest fan of this."

"Just hold my hand. You'll be fine."

"Alright. . ."

Being in the haunted house isn't too bad. There's been a clown or two, and Kawaii~Chan has already started to cry from fear.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and see Laurance. I smile softly and grab onto his hand. Laying my head on his shoulder, I ease into his touch.

"C'mon, we want to leave to make Kawaii~Chan feel better," he says, and I nod my head.

We leave the haunted house and Kawaii~Chan was trying to calm herself down.

"A-Are we going h-home now?"

I laugh quietly, "That was actually the haunted house for little kids."

We ended up going to a different haunted house, but Kawaii~Chan said she'd take this one out. Katelyn said this was the scary one.

But the further in we go, the more fear I process. I'm actually frightened being in here. I'm clinging into Laurance's arm, and I think he's enjoying my actions.

Have I ever told you I'm afraid of clowns? No, because I never have been until now. I could probably write a book about this.

Here, I got this.