chapter seventeen

The month of December. I know this month very well. December is the month everybody goes broke, and I'm always freezing my ass off.

Other than the cons, there's a few pros. At least I'm still here, and I can spend time with everybody. Besides, it's such a pretty season.

But the mistletoe. On my Irene, nobody can forget the mistletoe. Let's hope that no one on this street owns any.

I kind of sound like an anti-December person. Oh well. . .

"Y/N, put a scarf on," Laurance tells me as I try to zipper up my jacket. He's being too careful over me. I haven't had to wear a scarf in the past.

"Laurance, shut up."

Oh Irene, I've been a little prick all day today.

Once I finally get my zipper to work, I slip on a scarf so Laurance would shut up. I look down at my feet and suddenly realize I better enjoy being able to see my feet while I still can. My feet aren't going to be presentable to me any time soon.

I grab Laurance's hand and start to walk outside. Today is the day we start to put up our outside Christmas decorations. We're doing this later than everyone else on the street, but I don't care.

The girls just did their house yesterday, so I'm not worried whatsoever.

Laurance won't let me go on a latter, so I'm not much of a help. I'm basically stuck on ground level placing bows on the places I can reach. He's so overprotective. I'm fine, and I'll be fine.

I place another little bow on the fence, and I feel a pair of hands poke each side of my waist. I scream and turn around to see Vylad before starting to cry.

"No, no, no, no, no! Why are you crying? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" He says as he brings me into a hug. And after a minute or two, I am finally was able to say something.

"I just. . . I-I just really like your hair today."

He breaks the hug and looks at me confused. "My hair looks like this everyday. I think the cold is getting to you. Do you want to go inside?"

I shakes my head no, and he brings me over by Laurance who was yelling at Alex. I don't want to go inside because the little ounce of freedom I had is stripped away from me.

I look up and see Alex, my eyes widening. Now I understand why he's yelling at her. Why is she on the roof?

"Alex! Be careful up there! I've told you since we were little that you shouldn't go on roofs!"

"I'm fine Laurance! Just let me make sure the reindeer stays still!"

Reindeer?

The sound of the reindeer moving on top of the roof fills the air then a squeal from Alex follows behind.

"What's wrong up there?!" I yell out.

I stand under the roof and looked up at her direction. This probably wasn't my brightest idea.

Alex falls down off the roof and screams Vylad catches her, and she clings onto him crying.

That's when it all happened so fast.

Laurance screams out my name, and I looked at him confused. Then he starts running towards me hurriedly. I look up and see the reindeer was falling off the roof and was coming in my direction.

I try to move, but I only stumble onto my butt. The next thing I know, the reindeer falls on top of me and I can't move. Laurance doesn't make it in time, and the reindeer is huge!

Laurance finally makes it over to me and falls onto his knees trying to rip the reindeer off of me.

Soon the other two follow suit and try to do the same. They finally get the reindeer off of me, and Laurance hugs me to his chest.

I didn't even notice that I was crying until now, and it kind of stings to do so.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

That's when the adrenaline goes away, and I wince in pain.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry! I fell of the roof, and I must of-"

I cut her off. "You're fine. . . But my arm really hurts."

Laurance speaks up. "We're taking you to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine!"

Vylad walks over to me, "That doesn't matter. We need to double check if you and the twins are alright."

The twins. . . I forgot about them for a second.

Laurance leads me to the car. "Y/N, come on."

Once everyone was in the car, minutes pass and nobody talks. That's when I break the silence. "So, it looks like I was harassed by a reindeer."

Laurance speaks up after that. "Not funny Y/N."

I keep my mouth shut after that.