chapter eighteen

I refused to talk for the rest of the car ride. I was only trying to lighten up the mood, and that came back to bite me in the ass.

Once we make it to the hospital, I am helped out of the car while the others go to check me in.

I am then walked into the hospital and am left to finish up what they couldn't.

The nurse places a bracelet onto my left wrist and tells me to check all the imformation. I tell her it was correct, and she takes me into a room and says somebody will be there in a minute.

I sit down in the chair closest to where the nurse will do my little check up before we go to my main room.

A nurse comes in and checks my pulse, weight, height, asked if I've been out of the country recently. It's things like that. Once everything is cleared and I tell him the story of what happen, he takes me to room fourteen.

I wait a good half hour until the doctor comes in. "Hello Miss. Ro'meave, my name is Dr. Plain. So, I must get you into a x-ray, but since you're pregnant, it'll be different from what you expect. Please come with me."

Laurance kisses my forehead and wishes me good luck. I follow the doctor to a separate room.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I sit in bed for what feels like another hour until the doctor comes back.

I've also had to deal with the constant touching of my arm from Laurance, and me hissing to him "don't touch that."

"Miss. Ro'meave, it appears you have a sprained arm. I'm having a nurse come in with a sling for you while I get you some medicine to take some of the pain away. I'll be right back."

Laurance had an uneasy expression on his face, "And the twins?"

"I have set up an ultrasound for Miss. Ro'meave tomorrow."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I'm finally out of the damn hospital, and I'm hungry. It's eight o'clock, and we're going out to eat I guess.

"Where should we stop?" Laurance asked.

"Chinese!" I exclaim, as he groans.

"But we just had-"

"I'm the one who was harassed by a reindeer, so I want Chinese food!"

The car goes dead silent after that.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It's been a week, and outside is only getting colder. Next week I have a doctors appointment to check my arm and see if I can take this revolting sling off.

I hate this sling. I can't do anything. Even bathing is a battle. You can't get the skin wet, and I need to wash my arm. I'm not saying how I get it done though.

It scares me a little bit knowing that if a reindeer can harm me what can happen to the babies?

Laurance and I both were told that the babies were fine and should be fine when they're born. They're doing amazing, and that I should continue with what I'm doing. Minus the entire reindeer instance. She told me to stay far away from reindeer at all costs. I think she meant the last part as a joke though. At least, I hope so.

Hormones sucked as a teenager, but they get even worse when you're pregnant. I've been crying over the simplest things.

Hell, all my emotions are out of wack. It sucks because I'm starting to think everybody is beginning to fear me. Trust me, this isn't a feeling to be proud of.

Alex has been a little distant lately, and I think she still feels a little bad about what happened. She won't listen to me or Laurance, so it's better we just leave her be. Even if it hurts me.

In a way, I can't wait to have my children be born because then Laurance can stop being so uptight. But like I said before, I know he cares.

Even after the twins are born, he'll still be overprotective, but probably more so over the children.

I've been currently looking over baby names, and some of them are cute and one of a kind to me. I'll have to tell them to Laurance later.

I know he'll tell me once more that it's a bit too early to talk about baby names, but I can't help it.

Being pregnant and counting down the days can only do me so much. I can only plan out the nursery so many times before I get board of that and want to do something else baby related.

I won't have a baby shower until my eighth month, so I have to wait for that to even happen.

It's going to be a fun six months.

Six months of being pregnant. . . and six months of being protected.