chapter twenty seven

We've done what we could to comfort them both, and it appears to be working. However, when we don't bring up the subject it seems to be the best. Sometimes just being there for someone works the most.

I can only imagine how terrible it is knowing the truth suddenally after all those years of being told a small version of it. The nightmares. Laurance had a nightmare the night before, and the next thing you know the truth is revealed. Maybe Hayden shouldn't have told them so close to Christmas.

It's been three days.

I look under the tree to see the number of gifts growing. Shiny bows, different kinds of colorful wrapping paper laid nicely on top of the tree skirt. It looks pretty in general.

So we're very cliché people. We hung our stockings under the chimney with care with the hopes of Saint Nickolas some would be here.

Okay, that's a lie. We did this a while ago and just ripped off a Christmas carol. Congratulations to us.

You can tell what stocking belongs to what person. As the four stockings are hanging on the mantle, and each of them is different from the last.

The stockings are hung in this order: Y/N, Alex, Laurance, Vylad. It's funny to see how each stocking described its owner's personality in a way. From sassy and dramanic to flirty and caring, it is still fun to see them.

Kawaii~Chan stopped by eariler today and dropped off a bunch of cookies. They went to a good place. Such an amazing place that Kawaii~Chan had to make another batch for everyone else. Heh, guilty.

Christmas is only a few days away, and the smell of hot cinnamon is making its way through the entire household. Nothing in the house is still, nor is anybody in the house running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

There's always some kind of movement in the house, and it's kind of funny. I'll just leave it at that.

So yesterday we went over by the boys' house, and now I wish that we hadn't. Besides from the many soda cans and empty pizza boxes scattered around the house, it is filled with Christmas decorations.

Garroth somehow found door shaped Christmas lights and hung them up all over his room. Travis hung mistletoe all over the house in hopes of a female to walk under one with. Dante, well, he's fine. He's Dante, I don't have much to worry about when it comes to him and Christmas decorations. Notice how I said a precise thing. Otherwise from Dante's Christmas decorationing. I have many things to worry about for him.

So last night, because none of them know how to cook except Dante and they relayed on Laurance too much to cook, we had to invite them to dinner. See how I said I had things to worry about for Dante? That's one of them. They finished off dinner in less than ten minutes. We had to cook a second dinner for ourselves.

We were lucky with dessert, that's all I'm saying.

It was nice to be able to see the guys. It distracted Laurance, and it gave Alex to possibility to have a few conversations before she ended up getting annoyed with Travis.

But in the end, I know that they'll be okay.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A considerable time passes by, and I find myself eating another chocolate from my advent calendar. There's only a week until Christmas and I'm excited. I mean, it's Christmas.

I'm kind of sick of being stuck in the house all day. It tends to get boring from time to time. I can't consume anymore hot chocolate or else I'm going to explode.

I have given up on asking people what they want for dinner. I always get the same answers. Tacos, cake, and let's go out to eat. It's either that or nothing at all.

I love it. The other day Alex found out the boys were having tacos so she went over there. Vylad found out Kawaii~Chan made cake and he went over there to eat it. Then Laurance found out Cadenza was going out for dinner and he went with the 'catch up.' He even forced Alex to come so he wouldn't look like he was using Candeza. Long story short. The people living in my house suck ass.

Anyway the house is spotless, and the tree looks amazing. A few days ago the babies began to kick, and it felt weird, but it was amazing. Laurance got to feel the kicking and I got to feel the butterflies. I will get my revenge on Laurance for getting me pregnant. He can be the one to wake up at at two in the morning and take care of the babies. Not me. All him. Only him. Every night for the the rest of his life. Have fun Laurance.

That's when Alex runs into the house. "WE KILLED SHAWN!"

Vylad walks in behind her as he shakes his head. "That certainly didn't happen. We only embarrassed him."

I sigh, "You got my hopes up lil' bro. What happened anyway?"

Alex throw her coat sloppily on the coat rank only to have Vylad fix it in the end. Awe, couples.

She smiles. "I was dramatic. And after I walked out of my dressing room, I ran into his arms. He picked me up and spun me around and then kissed me."

"And how did this embrass Shawn? Get to the good part woman!"

Vylad takes off his jacket and sighs, "Shawn asked her out on a date earlier that day, and he saw what we did."

Alex smiles. "And now Vylad gets to be in a music video with me!"

"When?"

"Sometime in the distant future. I have two I have to do. One is for the movie, and the one he is gonna be in is for a Christmas music video."

"That sounds fun." That's when I notice something. "Alex you're tracking snow into the house!"

"It's just going to melt anyway!"

"And make huge ass puddles!"

"Same thing!"

That's when I send her up to her room.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Here I sit in the dinning room listening to both Alex and Laurance argue with each other, and Vylad is sitting in his chair questioning his life choices.

"Remember when you were a child and would sit on the roof waiting for Santa and sometimes fall alseep?" Laurance asked.

"Yeah, I do," Alex replies. "You would try to have dad leave me there."

"That was stupid."

"You told me to do it!"

"Why did you listen to me?"

"Because you're my big brother. I go on the roof like you told me to, and now I'm stupid. I will never listen to you again. You know what? I think I'll go on the roof right now."

I watch as she stands up and walks over to her boots and jacket. She puts them on and heads outside. Laurance rushes over to the window to watch.

Vylad stands up with a sigh, "I'll be back."

I walk over to Laurance and watch out the window, concerned. "You really tricked her all those years to go on the roof?"

"Yeah."

"You suck." He wiggles his eyebrows. "You're also disgusting. . . was it Garroth's?"

"I hate you sometimes."

That's when I hear a scream and the sound of somebody falling on the ground outside. I didn't even need to look to know it was Alex. It's just gotten that sad.