.TWENTY SEVEN 🌷.

Quinton's P.O.V
When Noah and Blake came running at us I was confused, but when Freya and Jacob appeared and Noah asked them to hide us it only increased my confusion.

I followed the others as we were led through the winding back streets of the city. Eventually Freya and Jacob beckoned for us to follow them through a window into a dark house.

Once we were all inside they led us to the stairs going down into the pitch black. Everyone started going down but I stopped at the top. All my experience with the zombies was screaming at me not to go down there and to run away but I knew there was nothing there so I took a deep breath and followed them down.

"Find the light switch." Freya said. It was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing but I stuck my hands in front of myself and felt around for the walls. Once I found them I started feeling along them for a light switch.

I didn't have to do it for long because suddenly the lights came on and I looked over to see Kio next to the light switch. I looked at the room we were in and raised my eyebrows. It looked like a large garage. In fact, it was a large garage. There was a slope leading up towards the door and when I looked towards the other side of the room I had to do a double take because there, completely unscathed, was all three of our cars.

"We got them for you, even Jaden's." Freya said smugly, obviously quite proud of herself.

"Thanks again. I really don't know what we would've done without you." Griffin said and the pair smiled.

It was all interrupted by sudden shouts from above. "They went in here!" Somebody said.

"Shit we gotta go." Bryce said and everyone jumped into action. We all got into the usual cars and Freya and Jacob ran towards the garage door, ready to open it.

"Once you get out just drive in the opposite direction of the wall. There's no point trying to get back out you'll be much safer further inside." Jacob told us and then hit the button to open the door.

Griffin revved the engine of his car and then once the door was wide enough open we accelerated out. The guards came downstairs just at the same moment we were leaving. I turned around to make sure Jaden and Noah had driven after us and made it out okay.

Both their cars where behind us so I sighed in relief but just as I was about to turn back around I saw Freya run in front of a guard who was preparing to shoot at the back of the truck.

The loud shot rang out and I let out a strangled noise when Freya's body hit the floor. I turned back around quickly covering my mouth and wanting to vomit. I listened to the heartbreaking cries of her brother when another shot rang out and the cries where cut off.

I tried to hold in a sob as tears slipped from my eyes. Even though we hadn't known them for long I knew they were good people. They didn't deserve to die and it was our fault they did. They didn't have to help us again and yet they did and it ended up killing them both.

I looked over at the others in the car; Bryce was frozen in place, staring at the seat in front of him. Kio and Griffin were sitting silently, sorrow visible on both their features.

"I'm so sorry." Kio whispered.

Griffin had to swerve the car around several people on the way as we sped through the streets. A loud car engine came from the right and I looked to see a large car full of uniformed guards with large guns pointed at us approaching.

"Griffin watch out there's guards on the right!" I yelled and Griffin glanced over before taking a quick left and driving off down a different road. I looked behind us and saw Jaden didn't react quick enough and sped past us whereas Noah had managed to turn because he had time to slow down a little.